DGT LiveChess 2.2.5

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Krzysztof Grzelak

DGT LiveChess 2.2.5

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

I've been testing a lot lately the DGT e-board USB-C that I recently purchased. During live testing, I noticed strange things that appear on https://view.livechesscloud.com/#504e44 ... 7a99be84d1. I noticed that before I start playing live over the Internet, there is a lack of figures on the chessboard. The situation is as follows, as shown in the image below

As you can see, the time on the page has appeared, who is playing with whom, and the round and board. It was only after the move was made that the figures appeared on the DGT board.

My question is this - shouldn't the chess figures appear before I make a move on the DGT board.
JohnW

Re: DGT LiveChess 2.2.5

Post by JohnW »

I believe the software alone is meant to broadcast chess events right?

Per the DGT website:
"LiveChess has a much enhanced and user friendly interface. Broadcasting live chess games via the internet or at the tournament venue has never been so easy and straightforward. And using LiveChess is completely free of charge!"

But if you want to play live chess go to a website like LiChess that uses the DGT LiveChess software in conjunction with their website. It works great, but the last I knew it was only for certain time controls.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Thank you for your response John. I'm sorry that I write, but such a solution does not interest me. I would like to add the code to my own website. The problem is that I do not know such a program to add to my own website in order to use the DGT board during the tournament.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:00 pm Thank you for your response John. I'm sorry that I write, but such a solution does not interest me. I would like to add the code to my own website. The problem is that I do not know such a program to add to my own website in order to use the DGT board during the tournament.
I see..maybe you could take a look at how the LiChess and DGT LiveChess work together. I believe the code project is here:

https://github.com/andrescavallin/lichess-dgt-boards
Krzysztof Grzelak

I would also try the program pgn4web. But I don't know how to use it under the DGT e-board USB-C.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Unfortunately, there is no decent program to run the tournament live on your own website.