Elo Rating on Lichess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Elo Rating on Lichess

Post by Eduard »

First of all: Lichess only has one Elo rating. On PlayChess, for example, there are separate ratings for humans and computers. On Lichess, the best humans have a rating of 3000. And the best computers? I can only manage a maximum of 2700 in the Bullet and only 2600 in the Blitz. But there are no better computers that ONLY play against other computers. I have to be happy if I can play against other computers that have 2450 Elo. There are some computers that also have 3000 Elo, but they only want to play against humans. I don't attach great importance to playing against humans, when I'm on the go with a computer account. Humans have no chance against computers, so there is no point.

I play with Banksia GUI, and have an excellent rating against other computers. I played 970 games on Lichess and I only lost 2 games normally. The rest were all losses on time and when the GUI crashed.

Here is my balance from yesterday and today:

Such a rating against other computers (engines) is not possible on PlayChess and InfinityChess! The engines are too strong, even the weak ones. Even with 64 cores you will only win a few games a day on PlayChess. I can win maybe 6 a week. On Lichess I manage 6 wins in 3 hours. Even so, I lost Elo points this morning. 6 wins out of 9 draws is a top record (also against Elo 2450). Nevertheless, I lose points on Lichess. :roll:

That would bother me less if there was a separate Elo rating. At the moment it seems that the human GM players are superstars, but the computers are only average players. However, the truth is very different! Apparently I have to get almost 100% against other computers to get 3000 Elo. That is absolutely absurd!