Movei question progress 10 10 10

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Tony Thomas

Re: Test finished

Post by Tony Thomas »

That's the funny thing, none of the opponents lost on time. I do not know what went wrong in the games, but there is definitly something wrong. My hardware is as usual Intel Celeron 2.8GHz and each of the engines were using 32MB or whatever is the closest. Isnt it impossible to use 600 seconds on the game against Quark? You know that at my time control Movei should only have a max of 103 seconds at move 43 provided that it did not use any time for the moves before. May be I have something running in the background that I dont know about, its time for me to do a virus scan I guess. :cry:
Uri Blass

Re: Test finished

Post by Uri Blass »

Tony Thomas wrote:That's the funny thing, none of the opponents lost on time. I do not know what went wrong in the games, but there is definitly something wrong. My hardware is as usual Intel Celeron 2.8GHz and each of the engines were using 32MB or whatever is the closest. Isnt it impossible to use 600 seconds on the game against Quark? You know that at my time control Movei should only have a max of 103 seconds at move 43 provided that it did not use any time for the moves before. May be I have something running in the background that I dont know about, its time for me to do a virus scan I guess. :cry:
It may be good to do virus scan.
Celeron 2.8ghz should not be significantly slower than PIV 3.19 ghz and it seems to me that movei on my arena is clearly faster even with PIV and I am not talking about small speed difference or about single move(movei can get the same evaluation at the same depth clearly faster on PIV 3.19 based on testing it)

Uri