Weekend entertainment with the IPON

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

IWB

Re: Weekend entertainment with the IPON

Post by IWB »

zamar wrote: If you have some free computing time, we want you to join to:
http://54.235.120.254:6543/tests ;-)
I wish them all the best, but ...

1. I have some doubts that this distributed testing really brings some benefitts* and
2, All my comps need 1.5kW. That is 0.44€ per hour. I need to have some fun doing this :-)

Bye
Ingo

* Especially the Stockfish team had some problems with the fast tests in the past. I remember high expectations where nothing was left in the lists AND suprising jumps in ELO with maintenance releases. Actually I fear that some good improvememnts might be discarded because they do not show in fast tests ...
Red Hood

Post by Red Hood »

IWB wrote:
zamar wrote: If you have some free computing time, we want you to join to:
http://54.235.120.254:6543/tests ;-)
I wish them all the best, but ...

1. I have some doubts that this distributed testing really brings some benefitts* and
2, All my comps need 1.5kW. That is 0.44€ per hour. I need to have some fun doing this :-)

Bye
Ingo

* Especially the Stockfish team had some problems with the fast tests in the past. I remember high expectations where nothing was left in the lists AND suprising jumps in ELO with maintenance releases. Actually I fear that some good improvememnts might be discarded because they do not show in fast tests ...
I'm very disappointed at you Ingo. This whole charade was orcastrated for your and Don's benefit. Propaganda for Don and money for you. Pop ups on you website are commercials and more visitors you have more money you get. And all you have to say in your name is "get a life"?!

On top of that when Joona politely asked you to join a worthy cause you say in a way what is there for me. You said you computers cost a lot to run but you still run that useless tournament for no reason.

For your information SF team has racked up 20 elo since SF 3 release! Yeah that's right! For no money! That demands respect!

So distributed testing works Ingo!

You behavior is sad Ingo, very sad.
There is always a light at end of the tunnel. Just make sure it isn't a train!
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

geots wrote:
snino64 wrote:Perhaps it could be equinox or komodo mp.
Jesus God in Heaven- you guys got too much free time on your hands. Does anyone really care what it is.

gts
You had enough time to read the thread and reply as well, no? :wink:
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
IWB

Post by IWB »

Red Hood wrote: I'm very disappointed at you Ingo.
That is your good right and I am too from time to time lol

Red Hood wrote: This whole charade was orcastrated for your and Don's benefit. Propaganda for Don and money for you. Pop ups on you website are commercials and more visitors you have more money you get. ...
I did not earn a single cent, the pop ups are comming from the free web counter and any decent blocker will prevent that. (And with just a little interest you could reveal that by yourself - but it is easier to blame someone ...)
Regarding Don, what I am doing is advertisement for every comercial I am testing. If you dont want that please dont visit my site as I and all the others can't avoid that if we want to test at all :-D

For the rest of your text: tl;dr.

Bye
Ingo
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

IWB wrote:Don is Wright and Graham was the only one guessing right.

It was entertainment and worked well.
Ingo
It may have been entertaining for you. But to me and others it was a silly prank. No new engine, just a changed setting for an existing engine. If there is another "guess" in the future, I'll completely ignore it.
IWB

Post by IWB »

Modern Times wrote:

Ingo
It may have been entertaining for you. But to me and others it was a silly prank. No new engine, just a changed setting for an existing engine. If there is another "guess" in the future, I'll completely ignore it.
You are free to ignore me but where did I mention a new engine. I played with expectations, yes, but a good part is on those who want to see a new engine! Think about that please.

Anyhow, less publicity means less responsibility. I am perfectly fine with that!

Bye
Ingo
geots

Post by geots »

Modern Times wrote:

Ingo

"A silly prank"........... You are being way too nice. Tho I have to admit if it is an idea he dredged up- there was not and won't be- any interest on my end.

gts
IWB

Post by IWB »

geots wrote:there was not and won't be- any interest on my end.
Thats why you read everything and replied the third time telling us you are not interested in this tread!

THX for that :D
Ingo
Last edited by IWB on Mon May 20, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

Wow you seem to be enjoying annoying people. For one you didn't even respect the rules of your own game. No self testing so that is a major fail! Otherwise it is like throwing a dice and awarding randomly to the guy who got it. While that is all fine, now you come banging telling people to get a life if you are disappointed, do as you wish i don't care etc. That only reflects on your insecurities. I doubt you were in holiday but whatever...
Don

Post by Don »

IWB wrote:
ernest wrote:
IWB wrote:It is a CCT setting with 'time usage aggressivness = 3'.
But then, why particularly test "time usage aggressivness", and why 3?
There are quite a few other parameters that could have been tested...

Or was it a special demand by the Komodo team?
I was told that this might be particular successfull ... and as I wasnt at home and had some free comps I gave it a shoot. Nothing else.

Bye
Ingo
Thanks for running this Ingo, it is much appreciated!
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.