Just Crafty GUI acept my 4 words UCI engine.... why?

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chris Tatham

Re: Just Crafty GUI acept my 4 words UCI engine.... why?

Post by Chris Tatham »

Surprised to be casting my eye down an interesting thread and suddenly find my nationality a topic for debate!

As a few members here, I am lucky enough to have dual nationality which may explain any confusion.

Miguel is right and when I first developed Numpty there were already many UK engines but iirc the only Argentine engines were Gaviota and Chispa, so I nominated it for Argentina for testers running country based tournaments and the like. In fact I got into PC chess through initially working with Federico helping to test Chispa (I volunteered when I found we came from the same place in Argentina). However, I have grown up and live in UK so it is no problem either!

To Luis, good luck with your development! :) - the Numpty code is open source so feel free to have a look/use - though a word of warning, it is probably one of the worst coded though thanks to some help I received, the latest version is cleaner and somewhat easier to read.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Well, this is what I get for trying to make a Falkland Islands joke at Miguel's expense :lol:
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

Gracias Chris!

Is this 64 bit the last version?:
https://sites.google.com/site/numptychess/
Chris Tatham

Post by Chris Tatham »

Yes - it was released in October 2014 ; previous versions all with associated code are also available on the site - these are even more grim!