TestPosition: easy move?

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Joost Buijs

Re: TestPosition: easy move?

Post by Joost Buijs »

Yes the position looks a bit iffy, a pawn behind without any compensation and probably losing a second one.

I've been playing for 30 years at chess clubs and in the Dutch competition, 15 years in Amsterdam and 15 years in Almere. 15 years ago our club moved to another location which I found a bit too far away from my home, that's why I decided to stop with it completely. There is only 1 club in Almere, in Amsterdam there are plenty.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Chess is no fun. It is work (in my case). Not being a talented chess player at all Elo between 1700-1800. I also quit for 30 years. But started again few years ago. I think playing blitz games is more fun than playing normal games. But rapid games are worst. I play as bad as I was at 16 years old.
Looks like learning nothing.
Joost Buijs

Post by Joost Buijs »

Blitz is one of the things I like the most, 25 years back I was pretty good at rapid too. I never liked games with normal (1.5 and 2.0 hours) time controls, I just didn't have the patience for it. Adjourned games like we had the past was something I always tried to avoid.

Recently I tried some 5.0 blitz games at Chess.com, I was able to reach 1800 Elo, but I noticed it is not so easy if you haven't been playing for 15 years, my age doesn't help either.