Forget Syzygy -- Presenting the Emanuel Torresbase!

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

syzygy

Re: Forget Syzygy -- Presenting the Emanuel Torresbase!

Post by syzygy »

AndrewGrant wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:30 pm So this is just a theory? You've not actually done anything to bring it to reality?
He gave it a name :P
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

klx wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:18 pmWhile it's a slightly different approach, I think this proves that by just thinking outside the box, vast betterments can be achieved.
Hardly "outside the box".
http://www.talkchess.com/forum3/viewtop ... 80#p521296
syzygy wrote:With endgame databases the situation is a bit more complex, since it is possible to reduce the size of the table to the size of the generator at the cost of the time it takes to regenerate the table.
And I certainly wasn't the first to write this down.
klx
Full name: Emanuel Torres

Post by klx »

syzygy wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:11 am You mean like this: https://github.com/syzygy1/tb/commit/22 ... 16d71bd137
I created that branch for marcelk who wanted to see how small DTZ could be made.
Yes this is EXACTLY my theory!!!

Do you realize what this means? It means that I was really on to something, and I'm honored to have discovered this method independently (trust me that I had not seen that commit or thread you linked, I first read about endgame tables last week).

Now I will really double-down with my efforts to see where this leads!
[Moderation warning] This signature violated the rule against commercial exhortations.
klx
Full name: Emanuel Torres

Post by klx »

syzygy wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:28 am With endgame databases the situation is a bit more complex, since it is possible to reduce the size of the table to the size of the generator at the cost of the time it takes to regenerate the table.
Well this also my idea exactly for the Kolmogorov extension. I feel like we're on the same wavelength and caliber!
[Moderation warning] This signature violated the rule against commercial exhortations.
RubiChess
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Forget Edison -- Presenting the Emanuel Torres electric light

Post by RubiChess »

klx wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:27 am
syzygy wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:28 am With endgame databases the situation is a bit more complex, since it is possible to reduce the size of the table to the size of the generator at the cost of the time it takes to regenerate the table.
Well this also my idea exactly for the Kolmogorov extension. I feel like we're on the same wavelength and caliber!
Just ridiculous.
smatovic
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Post by smatovic »

Oh no, I got a feeling this went somehow wrong, trapped between funny and sad...

--
Srdja
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

klx wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:18 am
syzygy wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:11 am You mean like this: https://github.com/syzygy1/tb/commit/22 ... 16d71bd137
I created that branch for marcelk who wanted to see how small DTZ could be made.
Yes this is EXACTLY my theory!!!
Except that you grossly overestimate the benefits of this trivial idea, and the rest of your posts suggests that you don't have much of an idea about how TBs are encoded.
Now I will really double-down with my efforts to see where this leads!
You mean take my code and slap on your name? :lol:
Wilson
Full name: Anthony Wilson

Post by Wilson »

smatovic wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:39 am Oh no, I got a feeling this went somehow wrong, trapped between funny and sad...
syzygy wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:41 pm
klx wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:18 am Now I will really double-down with my efforts to see where this leads!
You mean take my code and slap on your name? :lol:
:lol:
Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

Even the title of the thread itself, is not very kind ...
"Forget syzygy" -- Presenting.... not much things 😁
We're free to use (or not) syzygy , nalimov , gaviota etc ...
Isa download :