Is there a way to tell an Amazon Android app is running on an Intel Windows Machine

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Is there a way to tell an Amazon Android app is running on an Intel Windows Machine

Post by adams161 »

I had a heck of a time figuring out if android devices supported 64 bit as the method i had was not reliable enough. I was serving up 64 bit stockfish on 32 bit devices. So i made it default to 32 bit and let users switch to 64 bit.

But now Amazon Android Apps are going to be able to run on Windows 11 which is due out as early as this fall and there's a third type of stockfish that may need to be run, the Intel. I got an intel stockfish binary from a droidfish apk, but i think its 32 bit, Can you just use the standard windows Stockfish on Intel Android?

And is there a reliable way on Amazon Android, which tends to not support as high as API levels as well, to tell the device is intel not arm-etc? Basically my app is an iCS(FICS/iCC) client and i want to run intel on windows and i'm fine defaulting to 32 bit on normal android processors with the android binaries.

Mike