KOMODO for iOS - My $0.99 Back Please

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sean Evans

KOMODO for iOS - My $0.99 Back Please

Post by Sean Evans »

This program is still in the beta stage, it is terrible compared to the other good GUI's like Stockfish, HIARCS or Chess Tiger!

I feel Don has taken advantage of me :evil:

I could have bought something good with that money...like a pack of baseball cards, with gum included!

Sean
Rebel

Re: KOMODO for iOS - My $0.99 Back Please

Post by Rebel »

Sean Evans wrote:This program is still in the beta stage, it is terrible compared to the other good GUI's like Stockfish, HIARCS or Chess Tiger!

I could have bought something good with that money...like a pack of baseball cards, with gum included!

Sean
I remember the days chess programs were sold for $199,99.

Did you also complain back then?

:shock:
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

Rebel wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:This program is still in the beta stage, it is terrible compared to the other good GUI's like Stockfish, HIARCS or Chess Tiger!

Sean
I remember the days chess programs were sold for $199,99.

Did you also complain back then?

:shock:
That is not the point here Ed. I have purchased dozens of engines over many years spending thousands of dollars. However, Sean is correct that Komodo chess for the iOS is terrible! I am surprised that Don and Larry would not look at this and say, "WOW" our engine is attached to this shity GUI/program. .99 better spent on a cup of coffee, IMHO.
My two cents

/rant off
fern

Post by fern »

Who care for $0.99?
In my country there is a saying, perhaps the same in many countries: "cheap things are lot expensive at last".

In this case, not even at last...

Fern
karger
Full name: John Karger

Post by karger »

You should hire a lawyer to recover your investment for you.
fern

Post by fern »

hahaha a good one....

Fern
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

When apple send you your receipt email you will find an option to claim refund on almost all app purchases. I know of people who have done this. Don't blame the authors of engine but the developers of app
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Sean
We also complained about it. Apparently the folks who put it out did not realize how much work is involved in making a good chess app. I'm sure that any pocket change we may get from this will not offset the harm to the Komodo brand.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

I still am keen on a PocketFritz version . PF3 or PF4 has best mobile chess GUI. The only thing letting it down is the poor choice of available engines.You would get $40 from me for a Komodo engine port.
kinderchocolate
Full name: Ted Wong

Post by kinderchocolate »

Alex

I am listening. Just wait another week and you shall see a new app with variations and things you really want.