KOMODO for iOS - My $0.99 Back Please

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Hood

Re: KOMODO for iOS - My $0.99 Back Please

Post by Hood »

Does engine work wrong that you claiming to Don?
If not that you shall claim to GUI guys!
Rgds Hood
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
Don

Post by Don »

Hood wrote:Does engine work wrong that you claiming to Don?
Rgds Hood
There was no wording in the contract that allows me to claim any damages in this situation - and I would not want to anyway. I want to maintain a good relationship with them and I think they will eventually produce what I want - they seem to be willing to work with me and I don't have any sense they are trying to take advantage of me or anything like that. Any sort of litigation would be harmful to me because it's pure stress and I'm not about the money anyway.
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Hood

Post by Hood »

Don wrote:
Hood wrote:Does engine work wrong that you claiming to Don?
Rgds Hood
There was no wording in the contract that allows me to claim any damages in this situation - and I would not want to anyway. I want to maintain a good relationship with them and I think they will eventually produce what I want - they seem to be willing to work with me and I don't have any sense they are trying to take advantage of me or anything like that. Any sort of litigation would be harmful to me because it's pure stress and I'm not about the money anyway.
My post was addressed to Sean... 1st post. funny.
He should claim there.
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
fern

Post by fern »

Of course I know is not the money what matters, but I would like to insist that in anything something offered at a preposterous price should be the object of mistrust. I am sorry Dan and Larry were caught by those "rifleros" =riflemen, as we call here this kind of people=but I did not want to talk about that...

Fern
Don

Post by Don »

fern wrote:Of course I know is not the money what matters, but I would like to insist that in anything something offered at a preposterous price should be the object of mistrust. I am sorry Dan and Larry were caught by those "rifleros" =riflemen, as we call here this kind of people=but I did not want to talk about that...

Fern
This reminds me of the Steve Martin movie called "The Jerk" where he was the target of a class action suit and was manually writing out checks for $1.09 to 10 million people. Since the app does play chess, perhaps a fraction of the price should be refunded to all users.

The biggest winner would be PayPal who gets exorbitant fee's for every transaction.
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
fern

Post by fern »

Always are the middlemen who gets the real money. I am sure your magnificent software deserves a lot better kind of vehicle to conquer the world. Perhaps you both should take a look if E.A or any other real software house could become interested. Chessmaster motored by Komodo instead of King could be a success of first magnitude. There are many many software companies lot bigger and more serious than the one which sell at 1 buck the piece...

Fern
Don

Post by Don »

Sean Evans wrote:This program is still in the beta stage, it is terrible compared to the other good GUI's like Stockfish, HIARCS or Chess Tiger!

I feel Don has taken advantage of me :evil:

I could have bought something good with that money...like a pack of baseball cards, with gum included!

Sean
I'm thinking about delivering the 99 cents in person. Canada is only a few hours drive from Virginia - but of course I don't really know what part of Canada, you can give me this by email.

Of course I expect you to pay my gas and motel expenses both ways, but I will deliver your 99 cents. While I am there I would like to taste some good Canadian beers, we have crap here. So you have to buy me a beer too.

Don
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

fern wrote:Always are the middlemen who gets the real money. I am sure your magnificent software deserves a lot better kind of vehicle to conquer the world. Perhaps you both should take a look if E.A or any other real software house could become interested. Chessmaster motored by Komodo instead of King could be a success of first magnitude. There are many many software companies lot bigger and more serious than the one which sell at 1 buck the piece...

Fern

I like this idea Fern, sent you "Serbs" to make it happen :)
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Don wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:This program is still in the beta stage, it is terrible compared to the other good GUI's like Stockfish, HIARCS or Chess Tiger!

I feel Don has taken advantage of me :evil:

I could have bought something good with that money...like a pack of baseball cards, with gum included!

Sean
I'm thinking about delivering the 99 cents in person. Canada is only a few hours drive from Virginia - but of course I don't really know what part of Canada, you can give me this by email.

Of course I expect you to pay my gas and motel expenses both ways, but I will deliver your 99 cents. While I am there I would like to taste some good Canadian beers, we have crap here. So you have to buy me a beer too.

Don
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And Canada has some cool bears I heard...

More seriously, I expect future updates to progressively implement (by priority order):
- a book
- setup a position
- retina graphics (both for the iPhone and the iPad)
- PV display
- multi-PV display
- PGN export (mail and iTunes)
- PGN loading
- copy/paste EPD (both to and from the App)
- Don's and Larry's picture
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
fern

Post by fern »

You will pay it all in cash and at once or with installments?

I am curious about your financial policy on this.

Fern