Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by Guenther »

Thanks this helped a lot!

I fear you need to write a little manual later too ;-)
phhnguyen wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:48 am
Guenther wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:40 pm ...snip...
Or is there another way to update the board when a game is running instead of looking at the default Human vs. Human board, which does nothing?

To close the current tab, just click on the item "Close tab" in File menu or press Control-W

There are few ways to view tournament playing games

1) Use the way you knew: double click on playing games in Tournament dock. It is not auto but you do in purpose and don't have to see games you don't want

2) Select "Open" (for opening games) or "Open & View" (for opening and set focus to new playing games) from the drop-down box right under button start/resume. BSG will auto open to view all playing games in the tournament. That may be a bad idea if your concurrency number is large (it may open too many games)

3) Open dialog Playing games (by selecting from menu Windows or from main bar click on the button next to one for creating tournament). The good is that you can see multi games on one screen and you may limit the number. It may highlight games when their scores exceeded a threshold (games winning/losing).

https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
phhnguyen
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Post by phhnguyen »

AdminX wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:05 pm Thanks for version 0.6 I like the customization options.

Thank you. It supprises me :)
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
phhnguyen

Banksia GUI version 0.7 released

Post by phhnguyen »

Version 0.7 released

It is fixed for some bugs. The most serious one is that promotions may be printed out in upper case.

New features:
- New tournament type: Gauntlet
- Crosstable for tournament
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
Guenther

Re: Banksia GUI version 0.7 released

Post by Guenther »

phhnguyen wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:42 pm Version 0.7 released

It is fixed for some bugs. The most serious one is that promotions may be printed out in upper case.

New features:
- New tournament type: Gauntlet
- Crosstable for tournament
Ha I just saw it before.

PGN opening base works now here and also adjudication takes more than two digits.
That was a quick fix, thanks!

(with right-click => 'show image' you see the full size image)

trollwatch:
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

Other wishes:

- Is it possible to change the color of the moved from or to square?
(I am a bit handicapped with my eyes and e.g. in Lichess I need to to disable it completely because the usual yellow-green mix really dazzles my eyes)

- I would like to see 2 digits precision in the eval score and may be also in the used time

- what about an autoscroll function for the moves window, if the current moves are not visible because of the window size?

trollwatch:
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

When I tried to edit one of the engines (miniMardi), the program displayed the parameters for Mussaurus. It seems it was confused by having similar names in the list. The relevant part looks like:

MiniChessAI
miniMardi
Mussaurus

Or could it be the small letters? It simply disregards miniMardi?

I wanted to attach a picture but I was warned that my board attachment quota had been reached (which is funny because I have never attached anything before).
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

Gabor Szots wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:03 pm Or could it be the small letters? It simply disregards miniMardi?
Deleted miniMardi and reinstalled it with large capitals and all is OK now. Anyway, it is a bug.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

Gabor Szots wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:55 pm
Gabor Szots wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:03 pm Or could it be the small letters? It simply disregards miniMardi?
Deleted miniMardi and reinstalled it with large capitals and all is OK now. Anyway, it is a bug.
Unfortunately it is not as simple as that. I installed Green Light Chess and GreKo. Later I wanted to modify GLC but when I selected it GreKo was displayed. And when I selected GreKo GLC was displayed!

Also, as I mentioned before. The settings window covering everything is a pain. And when I try to move it aside, the other program I am looking at disappears.

And one more thing: when I modify an engine, a new instance is created and the previous one is kept.

And it would be good if the settings window kept the size I choose and not default to a small one.

And a question: when in overall options I check syzygy, will the GUI play the egtb moves even if the engine is not syzygy capable?

Ah, and when an UCI parameter is combo type, it is not displayed and you have to run the engine from the command line to see what values the parameter can take.

Yes I know that's much. Please do not feel urged.

Thanks in advance.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

I could not start a gauntlet because I was told to click a participant and told again even after doing so. How is it supposed to work?

And please explain the meaning of 'margin per move'.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
phhnguyen

Post by phhnguyen »

Thanks all for your ideas, suggestions. All are added to my TODO list!

Gabor Szots wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:45 pm I could not start a gauntlet because I was told to click a participant and told again even after doing so. How is it supposed to work?
Just tick to one tick box as the bellow image.

In Gauntlet type, one engine must be selected to play vs all other engines. Other GUIs usually take the first one of the participants as that engine. However, in BGS that list is sorted thus the first engine maybe not the one users want. Tick boxes have solved that problem and work much faster (users don't have to move the selected one to the top).

Gabor Szots wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:45 pm And please explain the meaning of 'margin per move'.
After a time out of a move, BSG will wait for that margin time before ruling the engine is lost (because of time out if it still does not move). That can solve a few problems such as system lagging, some engines stop computing just a very short period after the deadline...

For standard timer, engines won't get the benefit from that margin time since all time is counted: he delays to play a move, he will have sorter time-left.