Deep Fritz 11

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Re: Deep Fritz 11

Post by geots »

Ovyron wrote:Is he considering testing it at 1CPU at a later time?

Why? Running Deep Fritz 11 on 1CPU instead of the regular Fritz 11 on 1CPU will give you an elo gain of exactly ZERO. Dont take my word for it- ask the guys at Chessbase. They will tell you the same thing.

Best,
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

No, Deep Fritz 10 was stronger than Fritz 10 in one CPU, they're different engines.
geots

Post by geots »

Ovyron wrote:No, Deep Fritz 10 was stronger than Fritz 10 in one CPU, they're different engines.

That flys in the face of everything i was told by Chessbases' so-called experts. But, in the end it really isnt important to me one way or the other, because odds are better that i will live on the moon before i buy Deep Fritz "anything".

Again- Best,
Tom L

Post by Tom L »

geots wrote:
Ovyron wrote:No, Deep Fritz 10 was stronger than Fritz 10 in one CPU, they're different engines.

That flys in the face of everything i was told by Chessbases' so-called experts. But, in the end it really isnt important to me one way or the other, because odds are better that i will live on the moon before i buy Deep Fritz "anything".

Again- Best,
I heard its nice there this time of the year

Tom
geots

Post by geots »

Tom L wrote:
geots wrote:

Again- Best,
I heard its nice there this time of the year

Tom

First i would have to find out if Democrats or Republicans are in charge!