New Forum Online - Post Issues Here

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

smatovic
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Re: New Forum - Known Issues

Post by smatovic »

flok wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:13 pm Maybe make it possible to select a different layout.
We made custom mods to the layout, so we need to apply and test all mods with all themes and maintain these...maybe later, it would make sense, for those who prefer the old ProSilver layout over the new Absolute v3.

--
Srdja
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here

Post by Guenther »

No idea if it was already mentioned, but the the default search box shows 'Search...' in white letters,
with a darkblue background, but if you type something in this box directly it is black on darkblue ;) (thus unreadable)

Of course it works after using the lense symbol or the advanced search, because then you type black text into white.

Guenther
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

Guenther wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:18 am [...]
Yes, you are right, its is unreadable, I notated this as nice to have for later.

--
Srdja
chesskobra
Full name: Chesskobra

Post by chesskobra »

No issues on desktop, but on mobile (android) I have the following issues with formatting.

1. The page goes outside the screen (which happened with older site also), which can usually be fixed by zooming out, but I cannot zoom out on diagrams.
2. Too much white space. Maybe others like it.
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

chesskobra wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:14 pm [...]
See:
viewtopic.php?p=959421#p959421

--
Srdja
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

I auto-logged in for the first time today. Not bothered to do any cookie deletion either. Looks like it seemlessly registers and uses password from the old system.
Congrats on work.
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

FYI:

Implemented some restrictive firewall settings, n connections per m seconds, need to observe further and fine tune...

normal usage of the website of an single user should not be affected, but companies and proxy-server with many users sharing the same IP might trigger the firewall settings.

--
Srdja
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

Block function appears to have stopped blocking
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

chrisw wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:06 pm Block function appears to have stopped blocking
Foe list is working for me:
user xy, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post
Any details?
Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Private messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.
--
Srdja
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

smatovic wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:15 pm
chrisw wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:06 pm Block function appears to have stopped blocking
Foe list is working for me:
user xy, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post
Any details?
Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Private messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.
--
Srdja
Seems to have fixed itself, or actually, maybe one can only block people when one is logged in and I’m occasionally on the forum having been logged out (timed out or something). Cancel.