Collector's Corner..The Annual Tournament at Klingenberg

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jaimes Conda

Re: Collector's Corner..The Annual Tournament at Klingenber

Post by Jaimes Conda »

Robert Weck wrote:Hi Jaimes,
Jaimes Conda wrote:Steve,
Last picture second row:Robert,Gerhard und Alwin.
The gentleman in the foreground wearing specticules head turned to the fight.

What is that small computer on the table showing a chess board seen just behind the mans head?
It is a Sony Vaio PCG C1VE; it has a Transmeta CPU with 600 MHz (performance about PIII-400 MHz) running WinME.

Not very fast, but enough to analyze the games of our old dedicated friends! :wink:

It is a very handy computer; especially useful at those events, where you don't have much space available...

@Larry: The Elegance was modified by Mr. Bucke, a well-known Fidelity expert (maker of the EAG V11 68060). Maybe he used a WDC6502 or similar; they can run at 14 MHz and more. But they are not 100% compatible to an old 6502 and require some modifications (i'm not an expert regarding this)

And the Elegance was running with a CB16 opening module.

best regards,
Robert
Thanks a lot Robert...............Jaimes.
Steve B

Re: Collector's Corner..The Annual Tournament at Klingenber

Post by Steve B »

fern wrote:What a sheerful atmosphere exhudes the place and the event!!!!
You can bet you would not meet such a mood in an engine-engine competition.
In this last case fights are of the order of the day, with arbiters called because one engine is using a machine 1 Mhz faster. Knives and pistols on the table, not good beer. Corpses are trashed every day in a parking facility.
No, let us go to the next competition, together.
I will take my Champion and get last place, but I will drink beer as an artillery officer.

Preparing my luggage regards
Fernando
All of Your Observations are as usual..correct
the Oldies tournaments are played for FUN and enjoyment with nothing to be gained expect to meet old friends and perhaps make new ones..perhaps this is even more valuable then the money that the Pc Engine tournaments are all about

sadly for me ..all of these tournaments are only played in Europe otherwise i would of course attend

i was almost allowed to attend Alain Zanchetta's upcoming Tournament in Paris France this June by a remote Internet connection
Depressingly however, when Alain learned that i would be competing with a very powerful computer he withdrew my invitation

Only Kidding Regards
Steve