This work is in progress

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Re: This work is in progress

Post by fern »

I suppose it was NOT still proved there is a criminal on this affair.

Fern
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

fern wrote:I suppose it was NOT still proved there is a criminal on this affair.

Fern
Some people are pretty sure without the need to show them proof as they are warshiping a piece of software and it's maker....when you warship something and/or someone,you must do it blindly,if you start to ask too many questions and argue the very basic concept of the religion,you automatically become a heretic....
Already a heretic regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Charles B.

Post by Charles B. »

Peter Skinner wrote:
slobo wrote:All the peole have the right to be informed.
It a part of basic human rights.
You are correct, and in the spirit of Halloween..

I dressed like you, spoke like you, even managed to re-create the hump on your back.

Then I went and had sex with your wife, and amazingly enough, she agreed that the clone results were far better than the original.

People do have the right to be informed.. basic human rights and all...

Peter
**Yes I know someone will complain about this, so feel free to remove it. No need to notify me. :) ***
Yep, that is about as close to vulgar as you might get without using vulgar terminology. Shame on you dude. But I suggest the Skinner post be kept here so that in the future others may partake of "The Mind of Peter".

Charles Browne
Last edited by Charles B. on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slobo

Post by slobo »

fern wrote:I suppose it was NOT still proved there is a criminal on this affair.

Fern
Of course not, Fdo,

Let´s imagine Ippolit/RobboLito were born by reverse engineering.
So what?

Reverse engineering itself is not illegal. Look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_engineering

I find very instructive the following motivations for reverse engineering:

Removal of copy protection, circumvention of access restrictions.
Creation of unlicensed/unapproved duplicates.
Academic/learning purposes.
Curiosity
Competitive technical intelligence (understand what your competitor is actually doing versus what they say they are doing)
Learning: learn from others' mistakes. Do not make the same mistakes that others have already made and subsequently corrected

And let´s not forget:

The Ipp/RobboLito authors are not selling the product. They are offering it as a gift, and with source code; because they care about the construction of our colective knowledge.
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

slobo wrote: And let´s not forget:

The Ipp/RobboLito authors are not selling the product. They are offering it as a gift, and with source code; because they care about the construction of our colective knowledge.
Rubbish. It's a spiteful act of revenge.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
slobo

Post by slobo »

Charles B. wrote:
Peter Skinner wrote:
slobo wrote:All the peole have the right to be informed.
It a part of basic human rights.
You are correct, and in the spirit of Halloween..

I dressed like you, spoke like you, even managed to re-create the hump on your back.

Then I went and had sex with your wife, and amazingly enough, she agreed that the clone results were far better than the original.

People do have the right to be informed.. basic human rights and all...

Peter
**Yes I know someone will complain about this, so feel free to remove it. No need to notify me. :) ***
Yep, that is about as close to vulgar as you might get without using vulgar terminology. Shame on you dude. But I suggest the Skinner post be kept here so that in the future others may partake of "The Mind of Peter".

Charles Browne
I agree with you Charles. I never claim any punishment for my offenders.
It would be good to let his post to be here until he reaches his maturity and feels himself so ashamed that he starts begging us pardon and asking us to delete his post.
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."
bigo

Post by bigo »

slobo wrote:The new version of RobboLito is clearly better than Rybka 3 in any time controls.

Excellent result for a clone.

We need more clones like RobboLito. :D :D :D

I agree after seeing several of it's games, I initially thought it was my imagination but doesn't Robbolito play remarkly Like a strong human grandmaster without the mistakes? My impression is that it it is also much more agressive then rybka 3.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: This work is in progress/Great sample of ............

Post by Sylwy »

Peter Skinner wrote:
Then I went and had sex with your wife, and amazingly enough, she agreed that the clone results were far better than the original

This is a great sample of western culture & education ! Nice to see - for a man of the poor east -how the western universities give us so great titans & moralists ! Something like a Hustler redactor !

Bravo !

PS: Slobo - here ( CCC ) are some very good programmers ( like prof. Hyatt ,Gian Carlo Pascutto.... ) and a lot of businessmen in computer chess area. So the money first...............

To moderation : PLEASE DELETE FOR ETERNITY MY ACCOUNT ON CCC . THE REST OF MY LIFE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS FORUM.EVEN THE COMPUTER CHESS BECOMES FOR ME A GREAT EYESORE. REST FOR ME THE HUMAN CHESS, THE HISTORY, THE MUSIC & A LOT OF OTHERS PLEASURES .

Silvian
Graham Banks

Re: This work is in progress/Great sample of ............

Post by Graham Banks »

Sylwy wrote: To moderation : PLEASE DELETE FOR ETERNITY MY ACCOUNT ON CCC . THE REST OF MY LIFE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS FORUM.EVEN THE COMPUTER CHESS BECOMES FOR ME A GREAT EYESORE. REST FOR ME THE HUMAN CHESS, THE HISTORY, THE MUSIC & A LOT OF OTHERS PLEASURES .

Silvian
I don't like to see anybody leave, but could you take Slobo with you? :wink:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Paddington

Post by Paddington »

c3 beats d1 on 5 min games on my computers.
Have tested 32 and 64 bit versions...
c3 close to 75%

?