Ban of member

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

chrisw

Re: Ban of member

Post by chrisw »

towforce wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:28 pm
chrisw wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:23 pmI asked towforce's favourite source, ChatGPT...

Excuse me?
Stop playing dumb.
The question to ChatGPT, a favourite source of yours it seems:

Should a lay person publicly state that someone else on a forum has Alzheimer's?

and got the response:

No, a lay person should not publicly state that someone else on a forum has Alzheimer's. Here are the reasons why:

Privacy and Respect: Publicly discussing someone’s health condition without their consent is a violation of their privacy and can be deeply disrespectful. This kind of information is personal and sensitive.

Risk of Inaccuracy: Alzheimer's is a complex medical condition that can only be diagnosed by a qualified healthcare professional after thorough examination. A lay person lacks the expertise to make such a diagnosis, especially based on limited information from forum interactions.

Stigma and Discrimination: Labeling someone with Alzheimer's can contribute to stigma and discrimination. This can lead to the person being unfairly treated or isolated by others.

Potential Harm: Publicly stating that someone has Alzheimer's can cause unnecessary distress, anxiety, and confusion for the individual and their loved ones. It can damage their reputation and personal relationships.

Ethical Considerations: Making medical claims about someone without their consent is ethically problematic. It breaches the principles of confidentiality and autonomy.

Community Impact: Such actions can create a negative atmosphere within the forum, leading to distrust and conflict among members. It can also discourage people from participating openly for fear of being judged or misdiagnosed.
flok
Full name: Folkert van Heusden

Post by flok »

Well, that escalated quickly.
towforce

Post by towforce »

chrisw wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:35 pm
towforce wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:28 pm
chrisw wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:23 pmI asked towforce's favourite source, ChatGPT...

Excuse me?
Stop playing dumb.
The question to ChatGPT, a favourite source of yours it seems:

I find LLMs to be very useful: I use them multiple times a day. But I've never said that it's a source, and I never use it that way.
The simple reveals itself after the complex has been exhausted.
towforce

Post by towforce »

flok wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:50 pm Well, that escalated quickly.

One of the moderators tends to be sensitive to criticism. Nobody has really criticised the moderation call here, but my pointing out that chessqueen has said that he has Alzheimer's, and that it's therefore possible that he might not have remembered what the moderators told him when they warned him about putting a video in his signature, has tripped this super-light defence trigger.
The simple reveals itself after the complex has been exhausted.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

If CQ can not remember what the mods tell him, than he also should not be able to remember about this forum as well..

The fact that he does, and keep posting and violating the posts multiple times despite beeing warned several times, shows that there is

nothing wrong with him. He simply run out of his 9 lives and the mods got fed up with him.
Jjaw
Full name: Joe Louvier

Post by Jjaw »

Thank you moderators 👍
Stephen Ham
Full name: Stephen Ham

Ban of member

Post by Stephen Ham »

Thank you Moderators!

CQ has said a lot of things here over the ages...and they were almost always false...even including his name!

Good riddance!
Dicaste

Post by Dicaste »

Better late than never. Finally
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Post by Paloma »

A very good decision. Finally
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Damir wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:45 pm The fact that he does, and keep posting and violating the posts multiple times despite beeing warned several times, shows that there is
nothing wrong with him.
It seems you have no idea about the disease you are talking about. Anyone with a little common sense can see that he has issues and isn't doing it on purpose. Anyone can put him on the ignore list, and it should be possible to limit the number of posts/topics per user. Even if he is harassing members, I think it's inappropriate to just ostracize him.