Firebird versus Rybka

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Albert Silver

Re: Firebird versus Rybka

Post by Albert Silver »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:The strongest Fire version is FireBird 1.1 and I have already two personalities that are even stronger than The default by a considerable margin....
I ran a gauntlet of your settings at 2+0. I've been testing 72/120 lately as I suspect it may be a fraction better. I had them at equal before, but that was only after 300 games each.

Code: Select all

r4RC3NM72Max120TC1-FB11EP8-20-poff  2010

1   Deep Rybka 4 x64       +31/=49/-20 55.50%   55.5/100
2   FireBird 1.1 x64 EP8+  +20/=49/-31 44.50%   44.5/100
Hi Albert,
Thanks for the results....Fire 1.31 will do worse against Deep Rybka 4 so I am quite satisfied with this result :D
Cheers,
Dr.D
Thanks for sharing the profile. The games were very dynamic and fun to watch, and it gave me more much needed data for my testing.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

De Vos W wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
De Vos W wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:Hi group,

Has anyone tested F against R4 to determine, which one is the strongest.

In addition, how would you test them against each other fairly, i.e. which opening books would you use to ensure equality??

Cordially,

Sean :D
I have done a lot of testing with time management settings, and the testing has included FB as well as Houdini. So far R4 is superior to both at any time control, though it *does* depend on the TM setting, and of course a minimum number of games. As an aside, the results of the time management testing I have done and that is being done, will be streamlined into the Rybka 4 update.

Why don't you try 'Fire 1.1' w32 with Dr.Wael Deeb settings against
Deep Rybka 4 w32 and guess what? Fire 1.1 is the best!!!

The Dr. Wael Deeb settings.

Pawn Hash: 64
Pawn Value: 120
Knight Value: 325
Bishop Value: 325
Rook Value: 600
Queen Value: 1170
Bishop Pair Value: 65
Verification Reduction: 8

With these settings FireBird 1.1 w32 ( the strongest Fire engine) is in good condition.
In my personal tests FireBird is approximately 20 elo stronger than Deep Rybka 4 32bit !
I don't mind testing it, but I doubt very much some piece settings will yield a 70+ Elo improvement, which is what it would need to be ahead by 20 Elo.

I doubt very much the honesty of your tests, where is your proof? games etc...
I think your not an independent person, anyway let's see us how much of
all your marklist is true.

Your question is meaningless. Sifu. Has translation for "Sifu", Albert? :D :)
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

PauloSoare wrote:
De Vos W wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
De Vos W wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:Hi group,

Has anyone tested F against R4 to determine, which one is the strongest.

In addition, how would you test them against each other fairly, i.e. which opening books would you use to ensure equality??

Cordially,

Sean :D
I have done a lot of testing with time management settings, and the testing has included FB as well as Houdini. So far R4 is superior to both at any time control, though it *does* depend on the TM setting, and of course a minimum number of games. As an aside, the results of the time management testing I have done and that is being done, will be streamlined into the Rybka 4 update.

Why don't you try 'Fire 1.1' w32 with Dr.Wael Deeb settings against
Deep Rybka 4 w32 and guess what? Fire 1.1 is the best!!!

The Dr. Wael Deeb settings.

Pawn Hash: 64
Pawn Value: 120
Knight Value: 325
Bishop Value: 325
Rook Value: 600
Queen Value: 1170
Bishop Pair Value: 65
Verification Reduction: 8

With these settings FireBird 1.1 w32 ( the strongest Fire engine) is in good condition.
In my personal tests FireBird is approximately 20 elo stronger than Deep Rybka 4 32bit !
I don't mind testing it, but I doubt very much some piece settings will yield a 70+ Elo improvement, which is what it would need to be ahead by 20 Elo.

I doubt very much the honesty of your tests, where is your proof? games etc...
I think your not an independent person, anyway let's see us how much of
all your marklist is true.

Your question is meaningless. Sifu. Has translation for "Sifu", Albert? :D :)
This very old Brazilian expression is an evolved form of 'vasi', and the closest I can think of is 'you are deeply mistaken in your evaluation of the gentleman in question'.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Albert Silver wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:The strongest Fire version is FireBird 1.1 and I have already two personalities that are even stronger than The default by a considerable margin....
I ran a gauntlet of your settings at 2+0. I've been testing 72/120 lately as I suspect it may be a fraction better. I had them at equal before, but that was only after 300 games each.

Code: Select all

r4RC3NM72Max120TC1-FB11EP8-20-poff  2010

1   Deep Rybka 4 x64       +31/=49/-20 55.50%   55.5/100
2   FireBird 1.1 x64 EP8+  +20/=49/-31 44.50%   44.5/100
Hi Albert,
Thanks for the results....Fire 1.31 will do worse against Deep Rybka 4 so I am quite satisfied with this result :D
Cheers,
Dr.D
Thanks for sharing the profile. The games were very dynamic and fun to watch, and it gave me more much needed data for my testing.
Yes,it's very aggressive and yet extremely strong....I can bet you a top dollar that in a match against Rybka 3 the outcome will be for this personality....
If I hit anything stronger in the future,I'll notify you :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….