Patricia 3

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

reflectionofpower

Re: Patricia 3

Post by reflectionofpower »

Whiskers wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:41 pm Ah, Skill_Level wasn’t in the original Patricia 3 release. I’ll update the exes when I get home from work and then you should be able to use that option to change her elo.

Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to playing some wild games.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
MMarco
Full name: Marc-O Moisan-Plante

Post by MMarco »

Archimedes wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:38 pm Since OpenTal was also mentioned in this context, I have also created a single APK file for this chess engine (see signature). In combination with a Polyglot opening book (supported by DroidFish), based on one of the raw files from the UHO 2024 openings project, which consists only of human games, OpenTal is also an interesting sparring partner. And finally, I have also provided the latest (developer) version of Patricia.
Thank you for this. Patricia is running fine on my phone. :)
Rowen

Post by Rowen »

reflectionofpower wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:18 pm This is how Fritz 19 shows Patricia 3's parameters

https://1drv.ms/i/c/6dbce4f7999ce91a/EY ... Q?e=ih6c86
Hi
I ve noticed over the years that if an engine author includes an elo paremeter , Fritz GUI does not often show it when clicking parameters, Rather it tends to be shown in the rated game option. Ive noticed that this seems to be case for the early Patricia 3 in Fritz 12 and 14, where clicking on rated game gives the correct elo range options from Patricia. However it does not seem to be the case in my Fritz 19 which seems to be ignoring the correct elo range from Patricia and defaults to another range which the GUI has fashioned. I have fritz 12, 14 and 19 and it seems 19 is behaving differently. I have not tried the latest Patricia 3 yet, but generally it may be worth with engines to click on 'rated game' to see if the option is there with the correct elo range. You will know its the correct range as without the engines' elo parameter the GUI defaults to another range which is roughly 1100 to 2200. Or at least thats how it used to be, before fritz 19.
reflectionofpower

Rowen wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:01 pm
reflectionofpower wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:18 pm This is how Fritz 19 shows Patricia 3's parameters

Hi
I ve noticed over the years that if an engine author includes an elo paremeter , Fritz GUI does not often show it when clicking parameters, Rather it tends to be shown in the rated game option. Ive noticed that this seems to be case for the early Patricia 3 in Fritz 12 and 14, where clicking on rated game gives the correct elo range options from Patricia. However it does not seem to be the case in my Fritz 19 which seems to be ignoring the correct elo range from Patricia and defaults to another range which the GUI has fashioned. I have fritz 12, 14 and 19 and it seems 19 is behaving differently. I have not tried the latest Patricia 3 yet, but generally it may be worth with engines to click on 'rated game' to see if the option is there with the correct elo range. You will know its the correct range as without the engines' elo parameter the GUI defaults to another range which is roughly 1100 to 2200. Or at least thats how it used to be, before fritz 19.
When I go into Training and Rated Patricia still shows no rating
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
Whiskers
Full name: Adam Kulju

Post by Whiskers »

Patricia's exes have been updated with a Skill Level parameter. This one should show among all of the other engine options, unlike UCI_Elo. If not please let me know, thank you.
DomL77
Full name: Dom Leste

Post by DomL77 »

Whiskers wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:54 pm Patricia's exes have been updated with a Skill Level parameter. This one should show among all of the other engine options, unlike UCI_Elo. If not please let me know, thank you.
The Skill Level option appears in my Fritz 15 and Hiarcs GUI engine settings. The rated games feature for both GUI is still the same, but at least now you can rename the engine and set the elo from 1100-3300 and play against Patricia 3, thank you :)
hafni
Full name: Hafni Rojo

Post by hafni »

Hello,

what the difference between Skill_Level and UCI_Limit?

Thank you.
Rowen

Post by Rowen »

reflectionofpower wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:27 pm
Rowen wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:01 pm

Hi
When I go into Training and Rated Patricia still shows no rating
Hi
Well when I use the first Patricia 3 with Fritz 19 and click on Training /rated game I get an elo range of 1040-2440. So the GUI is not reading the Patricia 3 parameter which had a elo range of 1100-3300. I can see this from left clicking the Patricia3.exe and typing uci. It is using the Fritz GUI handicapping mode which I think just uses reduced depth?

However When doing the same with Fritz 12 and 14 they seem to be using the patricia elo parameter as I have a correct range of 1100-3300 for rated games.

But this probably doesn't matter now as the author has an update.

If the author is reading this, how is the patricia elo/skill level implemented. Is it reduced depth/ nodes etc?

The madchess reduced elo algorithm seems quite comprehensive.
reflectionofpower

I see Skill_Level now,thx.

Lonnie
Whiskers
Full name: Adam Kulju

Post by Whiskers »

hafni wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:50 pm Hello,

what the difference between Skill_Level and UCI_Limit?

Thank you.
There’s no difference between the two - I have both because UCI_Limit is being used by a game dev who wants to use Patricia in addition to other engines, and Skill_Level is there because a lot of GUIs hide UCI_Limit. But they are exactly the same.