"SMIRF".......Snifff.......Coff coff

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

smrf

Re: "SMIRF" new donationware release

Post by smrf »

Hi Dr., the moment UCI would compatibly support 8x8 and 10x8 chess, SMIRF will be going UCI. I intend to write such a UCI-2 based and extended chess GUI myself for the Mac, but that will last for long until done. And because of missing 10x8 chess programming collegues interested in using such a UCI extension I am not highly motivated to start with that. Supporting UCI is not yet helping to introduce SMIRF's multivariant approach. SMIRF thus has its own GUI to present its features. There has been a SmirfMateUCI version for short time, but nobody has been interested in its 10x8 abilities then. So UCI has proved being counter productive.

Regards, Reinhard.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Aha I see,thanks and good luck :)
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
fern

Post by fern »

My friend: "grumbling" is what a honest tester must do if he thinks somethings goes wrong. It is the way you feel pushed to improve.
A cascade of adulation does not accomplish any purpose.
I am sure your rewritting will be fruitful.

My best
fernando
smrf

Post by smrf »

Hi, Fernando,
fern wrote:My friend: "grumbling" is what a honest tester must do if he thinks somethings goes wrong. It is the way you feel pushed to improve.
but grumbling does not help as good as a reproducable errornously behaving scenario ...
fern wrote:A cascade of adulation does not accomplish any purpose.
but even professionals could make use of encouraging, the more is valid for amateurs ...
fern wrote:I am sure your rewritting will be fruitful.
still I hope so, but who knows?

Regards, Reinhard.
fern

Post by fern »

As I wrote some days ago -I recognize I have not the game- Smirf moved the h pawn to h5 without reason and then the rook along the same column with even less reason, only to returned it to his initial position when easily attacked. There were other similar moves. The rhythm was not that fast: 30 minutes the full game.
I would appreciate very much if you can handle your very best engine to test it, game included this time.

My best
fernando