Crimson 1.1 available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Crimson 1.1 available

Post by Graham Banks »

slobo wrote: Norm, keep on working on your clone.
If Tord is really the original author, keep him informed what you are doing. It is only the problem between you two. Keep the "mob" far from it.
What a sick and sad attitude. No wonder there are illegal clones around when people like you encourage them. You should be ashamed!
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: DECADENCE

Post by Sylwy »

Graham Banks wrote:
If Tord is really the original author, keep him informed what you are doing. It is only the problem between you two. Keep the "mob" far from it.
What a sick and sad attitude. No wonder there are illegal clones around when people like you encourage them. You should be ashamed!

After the "Xyclops" affair Norman Schmidt ( a sort of Ben Lau cousin ) was very active/aggressive on this forum.
Now a new clone - Crimson ! Seems this guy has a big problem !
It's a sort of computer chess terrorist !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,
Silvian
kranium

Post by kranium »

Graham Banks wrote:
a small part of the executable for Rybka 1.0 was decompiled and many many dozens of lines of code were found to match Fruit 2.1 almost excatly...

the chess engine community tyrned a blind eye and said 'no problem'...

it it the chess engine community itself that did the most promote 'illegal' clones by not acting on this clear and compelling evidence that Rybka 1.0 was illegitimate derivative of Fruit 2.1.

http://www.chesslogik.com/controversies/
F. Bluemers

Post by F. Bluemers »

kranium wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
a small part of the executable for Rybka 1.0 was decompiled and many many dozens of lines of code were found to match Fruit 2.1 almost excatly...

it it the chess engine community itself that did the most promote 'illegal' clones by not acting on this clear and compelling evidence that Rybka 1.0 was illegitimate derivative of Fruit 2.1.

Yes
Its ok
Others do it
So can you

:lol:
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

kranium wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Is that all you can come up with ?
Henrik
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

kranium wrote: a small part of the executable for Rybka 1.0 was decompiled and many many dozens of lines of code were found to match Fruit 2.1 almost excatly...

Norman - why didn't you just develop your own original engine as you said you would? You obviously have the necessary skills.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Graham Banks wrote: Norman - why didn't you just develop your own original engine as you said you would? You obviously have the necessary skills.
No.....it's not obvious at all that he has the skills. In fact the reverse is true.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Graham Banks wrote: Norman - why didn't you just develop your own original engine as you said you would? You obviously have the necessary skills.
No.....it's not obvious at all that he has the skills. In fact the reverse is true.
Agreed,and after this fiesta I am afraid that no one will take him seriously anymore....
BTW,Christopher,is the similarity with Tord's Viper a big one,I mean is Crimson almost identical with it :!: :?:
Mayba Norm changed or let's say tuned another line here and there to make it stronger....
Thanks again regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Agreed,and after this fiesta I am afraid that no one will take him seriously anymore....
BTW,Christopher,is the similarity with Tord's Viper a big one,I mean is Crimson almost identical with it :!: :?:
Mayba Norm changed or let's say tuned another line here and there to make it stronger....
Thanks again regards,
Dr.D
He started disabling things without taking them all away....leaving remnants of what it was, some of which even still work (FRC).

I won't tell you much, but it is obvious that Crimson was once SMP for example. Now it is set to just one thread.

If I were to give you a percentage of how much Crimson is Viper, I would have to say it's over 97%. It's just rearranged and has had bits chopped out.

Christopher
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Thanks again regards,
Dr.D
He started disabling things without taking them all away....leaving remnants of what it was, some of which even still work (FRC).

I won't tell you much, but it is obvious that Crimson was once SMP for example. Now it is set to just one thread.

If I were to give you a percentage of how much Crimson is Viper, I would have to say it's over 97%. It's just rearranged and has had bits chopped out.

Christopher
Thanks,all clear now 8-)
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….