CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

BubbaTough

Re: CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Post by BubbaTough »

It seems like I am an example of things working ok. I asked to be added, and I was added. Seems at least as easy (perhaps slightly easier) for me to do this than joining your team would have been, since someone else even made the account for me. Assuming it works that way for everyone you should be happy right Harvey? I did not even know Exactachess existed until I was told someone made me an account and to go there (today). Assuming everyone that wants to play (and has no conflict of interest) gets the same treatment all is good. It is certainly selfless of you to work so hard in your role as diplomat to stand up for the rights of CCC members, but it might be better to just let CCC organize itself and stop worrying about it. This mutual nitpicking does not seem helpful.

-Sam
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

BubbaTough wrote:It seems like I am an example of things working ok. I asked to be added, and I was added. Seems at least as easy (perhaps slightly easier) for me to do this than joining your team would have been, since someone else even made the account for me. Assuming it works that way for everyone you should be happy right Harvey? I did not even know Exactachess existed until I was told someone made me an account and to go there (today). Assuming everyone that wants to play (and has no conflict of interest) gets the same treatment all is good. It is certainly selfless of you to work so hard in your role as diplomat to stand up for the rights of CCC members, but it might be better to just let CCC organize itself and stop worrying about it. This mutual nitpicking does not seem helpful.

-Sam
sure yes where is the link to join your team? Wow to join Hiarcs team you have to be a member of Hiarcs forum - shock - please explain how to join team Conkie?
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:Me thinks you use the Royal We - I doubt members here expected us to be playing 7 people on your forum.
Me thinks we only do that because YOU are not transparent.
lol - where is the link for people to join the Exachess team? Join the Hiarcs team here http://hiarcs.net/forums/groupcp.php?g= ... bb2fac05fb
Exachess is a program. OK?

And that is by request.
So you do not have a hidden forum there with the front page saying latest member is sam?
We have a hidden forum at Exactachess. In fact.....we have 4 hidden forums at Exactachess.
So if we are not playing CCC we have the right now to withdraw untill sensible people on this great forum get a team together!
That's right.......you pull their chains.

Did you realise that NOBODY except me stepped forward to organise the end of things for us? Could it be that it alot of work?

Why didnt Steve do it? Ask yourself that....... Anyway back to the plot.....

Most important is that you would be playing the CCC and noone else.

Nobody here agrees to your one sided terms. Do you think the people are mad?

The only thing you have the right to do right now is to play.....or resign.

I would resign if I were you. Go play Rybka again......

Their team no doubt has as many trolls as yours.
Harvey Williamson

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:Me thinks you use the Royal We - I doubt members here expected us to be playing 7 people on your forum.
lol - where is the link for people to join the Exachess team? Join the Hiarcs team here http://hiarcs.net/forums/groupcp.php?g= ... bb2fac05fb

And that is by request.
So you do not have a hidden forum there with the front page saying latest member is sam?
We have a hidden forum at Exactachess. In fact.....we have 4 hidden forums at Exactachess.
So if we are not playing CCC we have the right now to withdraw untill sensible people on this great forum get a team together!

Did you realise that NOBODY except me stepped forward to organise the end of things for us? Could it be that it alot of work?

Steve has no PC engines he has been a mod on both forums and is trusted by all except you.

How do you know nobody agrees to our terms in fact that is bullshit - I have had PMs from many who do and think you are just promoting you. So if CCC without Conkie would like to play in a friendly game let us know. Even a not so friendly game as long as a referee is fine!

No more posts from me in reply to Conkie but i will reply to real CCC members.
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:

And that is by request.

Steve has no PC engines he has been a mod on both forums and is trusted by all except you.

How do you know nobody agrees to our terms in fact that is bullshit - I have had PMs from many who do and think you are just promoting you. So if CCC without Conkie would like to play in a friendly game let us know. Even a not so friendly game as long as a referee is fine!

No more posts from me in reply to Conkie but i will reply to real CCC members.
Good...does that mean you resign Williamson?

I have no need to promote me...but you...you do need to promote Hiarcs.

You see Willy....I'm not selling anything.

Understand?
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

sure yes where is the link to join your team? Wow to join Hiarcs team you have to be a member of Hiarcs forum - shock - please explain how to join team Conkie?
Well I can tell you how I joined TEAM CONKIE AND THE SECRET SEVEN. I posted a question saying something like "I don't expect to expend much time on this, but would like to see other people's analysis and vote on the move occasionally". I then got a private message telling me the account was set up for me. Assuming it works for others like it did for me (I don't see why it wouldn't) it seemed pretty simple to me.

I certainly was not criticizing your process of picking members...that is up to you guys and none of my business. Being a member seems reasonable (though I would waive it in a heartbeat if Karpov wanted to send his notes via email instead of actually having an account). If I have the time someday I might even try to join up for your forum just to participate in one of your games (not against CCC of course). It sounds like fun getting to see all the analysis from all those good players.

-Sam
Spock

Post by Spock »

I would suggest Hiarcs forum find someone else to play against, and CCC find someone else to play against as well. Then peace will reign once again on our happy forum
tano-urayoan

Post by tano-urayoan »

My question is why the need of a referee?
You control who could join your group, so if an anonymous persons shows up it raises questions, for the rest you know who is in your team, why so much paranoia?
Harvey Williamson

Spock wrote:I would suggest Hiarcs forum find someone else to play against, and CCC find someone else to play against as well. Then peace will reign once again on our happy forum
We are happy to play CCC - but we are not we are playing the secret 7 on conkies forum. Even Hiarcs stalkers are allowed to join either team.
Christopher Conkie

tano-urayoan wrote:My question is why the need of a referee?
You control who could join your group, so if an anonymous persons shows up it raises questions, for the rest you know who is in your team, why so much paranoia?
They don't want to lose is the only thing I can think of Tano-Urayoan.

To me all I did was set up the same facility they had for us.

Now they want to see what we are doing in there. Or at least they want someone not in the team to do that. I think they think we would cheat. That is in itself hilarious.

Does every correspondence game have a referee? Even worse is that they expect us to vote here in a poll like way when they don't. I cannot refuse anyone from playing here if they want to, provided they are not in both teams. I have to trust people. The problem is Hiarcs don't trust anyone. I found that out recently. This is only another extension of that concept. It is not a surprise. Pity but it matters to them sooooo much.

Now we know.