CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Spock wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: We could for eg. ask the neutral person if they are already in your team. This has been known to happen. anyway CCC do you accept a Secret 7?
Yes, Secret 7 is just fine. They are clearly the ones that have committed substantial time and effort to it
So it should be completely closed to all other CCC members and all private discussion on the Arena forum? Sound like we are playing the Arena forum.
Arena does not have a forum....doh.
well so we are playing the Conkie forum certainly not this forum. The thread is closed by you run by you and on a forum set up by you - we challenged talkchess.com not your ego.
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

So it should be completely closed to all other CCC members and all private discussion on the Arena forum? Sound like we are playing the Arena forum.
Why are you worried about who in CCC participates and who does not and under what circumstances? That decision does not seem like it involves you in any way. Your captain organizes your team, ours organizes our team, we hide analysis from each other, and we play. All is good.

-Sam
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Spock wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: We could for eg. ask the neutral person if they are already in your team. This has been known to happen. anyway CCC do you accept a Secret 7?
Yes, Secret 7 is just fine. They are clearly the ones that have committed substantial time and effort to it
well so we are playing the Conkie forum certainly not this forum. The thread is closed by you run by you and on a forum set up by you - we challenged talkchess.com not your ego.
Nope. Wrong again.

You are playing those members of the CCC & CTF who expressed an interest by playing in the recent practise game.

The thread for CCC?CTF members outwith that core team will be here in the CCC. In fact....we think we will get alot of help from time to time from many of the CCC/CTF members. The game itself will be conducted here.

OK?
Watchman

Post by Watchman »

Christopher Conkie wrote:If we must accept your 18 trolls, you will have to accept our team of 7 members.
Why as "Team Captain" Chris, are you so combative and rude to Hiarcs Forum? This is how you represent CCC?

Hiarcs Forum presented a simple challenge to CCC... and we get instead replies that are rife with insults...

Why?

Btw... I am no god of chess but I am no troll either... I take offense at you referring to me as a "troll." And on behalf of our members at Hiarcs Forums trolls, as I am Mod at HF, I take offense at that also. The people who play are quite serious when they add analysis, and by no means deserve this label.

If you think somehow we are Cheaters... be a man and say it... "You guys are Cheaters and can't be trusted for a fair game."

Otherwise, let's drop all this other foolishness, work out the details and get started.
Rob O. / Watchman
Harvey Williamson

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Spock wrote:
Nope. Wrong again.

You are playing those members of the CCC & CTF who expressed an interest by playing in the recent practise game.

The thread for CCC?CTF members outwith that core team will be here in the CCC. In fact....we think we will get alot of help from time to time from many of the CCC/CTF members. The game itself will be conducted here.

OK?
All I hope is that your ego takes a battering and despite that we can have a great game of chess. I will let the members here decide if a closed secret 7 is acceptable. If we lose that would be fantastic. As it would probably give us a wake up call for being to over-confident.

ps. is fonzy acceptable as neutral/arbiter/referee?
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Watchman wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:If we must accept your 18 trolls, you will have to accept our team of 7 members.
Why as "Team Captain" Chris, are you so combative and rude to Hiarcs Forum? This is how you represent CCC?

Hiarcs Forum presented a simple challenge to CCC... and we get instead replies that are rife with insults...

Why?

Btw... I am no god of chess but I am no troll either... I take offense at you referring to me as a "troll." And on behalf of our members at Hiarcs Forums trolls, as I am Mod at HF, I take offense at that also. The people who play are quite serious when they add analysis, and by no means deserve this label.

If you think somehow we are Cheaters... be a man and say it... "You guys are Cheaters and can't be trusted for a fair game."

Otherwise, let's drop all this other foolishness, work out the details and get started.
This started with SteveB (that intrepid sleuth).....you better ask him but he is probably busy searching the fora here......he seems addicted to it (yes we did notice Steve).

Do you want to tell us who.....

Auryn
DarienSar
Dark Horse
Highendman
NATIONAL12
rhombus
Strength
The Wizard
turbojuice1122

.....are?

You are not a troll Rob....but what about these?

Is this how they sign their cheques?

:lol:

God I hope so.
Spock

Post by Spock »

Watchman wrote: Why as "Team Captain" Chris, are you so combative and rude to Hiarcs Forum? This is how you represent CCC?
It takes two to tango as the saying goes.

I'm happy with Christopher as captain. I suspect if he hadn't come forward the match may not happen at all - being captain is a big time commitment and not many people are able to give their time. So I'm grateful for his involvement. However, if there is this much controversy before the game even starts, it can only get worse, and we should just forget the whole thing in my opinion. It was meant to be a friendly game, clearly it is not.
Harvey Williamson

I have said this twice at least already we will swap real names between Captains - our list is public where is yours?

Do you accept Fonzy as referee? If he agrees of course - would not blame him if he does not. However I find it strange that you will not accept Steve or Graham, 2 people of integrity.
Spock

Post by Spock »

I'm not convinced a referee is necessary, but that is up to the CCC players to discuss
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

[This started with SteveB (that intrepid sleuth).....you better ask him but he is probably busy searching the fora here......he seems addicted to it (yes we did notice Steve).
thats fine
i notice whenever i am here so are you..it can be addicting i agree
nothing wrong with that..i took the job as mod and i am here whenever i can be
it started with me because i wanted you to get the threads going a week in advance so the team could get their opinions in for the first move
little did i know you had already done that
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.