Zach, is this true?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

alpha123

Re: Zach, is this true?

Post by alpha123 »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
SzG wrote:"In June 2010, Zack Wegner announced that he had acquired the rights to maintain and improve the Zappa engine. The improved engine will be competing in the 2010 WCCC under the name Rondo."
It's true. He confirmed it in another thread. I look forward to seeing it.
This is good news. Zach is a talented guy and I expect that we will see interesting progress.
He's talented,honest & constant....he will rise quickly as a super programmer in the computer chess world :D
Dr.D
....and probably make some decent cash as he has Zappa's reputation under him :lol:

Can Zach give us any hints into the improvements/current strength of Rondo?

Peter
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

alpha123 wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
SzG wrote:"In June 2010, Zack Wegner announced that he had acquired the rights to maintain and improve the Zappa engine. The improved engine will be competing in the 2010 WCCC under the name Rondo."
It's true. He confirmed it in another thread. I look forward to seeing it.
This is good news. Zach is a talented guy and I expect that we will see interesting progress.
He's talented,honest & constant....he will rise quickly as a super programmer in the computer chess world :D
Dr.D
....and probably make some decent cash as he has Zappa's reputation under him :lol:

Peter
Don't worry,Zach is a friend....I'll try to squeeze as much information from him soon....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
David Dahlem

Post by David Dahlem »

Great news!! In anticipation, i created a logo. Perhaps Zach will send me a free copy of Rondo. :wink: :?: :lol:
Zach Wegner

Post by Zach Wegner »

alpha123 wrote: Me too!

Good to see Anthony opened his safe in Iowa :lol:
Did you work from Zappa Mexico (II) or the unreleased Zappa Cairo?

Peter
I actually had to ask Anthony about this one. :lol:

More or less ZMII.
Zach Wegner

Post by Zach Wegner »

alpha123 wrote: ....and probably make some decent cash as he has Zappa's reputation under him :lol:

Peter
That's going to be secret for now, at least until the WCCC. Keep the competition guessing. :)
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Zach Wegner wrote:
alpha123 wrote: ....and probably make some decent cash as he has Zappa's reputation under him :lol:

Peter
That's going to be secret for now, at least until the WCCC. Keep the competition guessing. :)
Kill'em all Zach....I fully support you 8-)
Cheers,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Zach Wegner wrote:

Peter
Will you be releasing it commercially at some point after the tournament?

Zappa Mexico II continues to be my go to engine for endgame study and practice. So to see that it will be developed further is pretty exciting!
yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 »

critter, ippolit, stockfish, komodo, the return of naum & now zappa...computer chess seems to be in something of a golden age despite all the distractions caused by one of the above :). let's hope the old dogs (i'm thinking shredder/hiarcs/junior) learn the new tricks without losing their identity (fritz never had one...).
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

Zach Wegner wrote:
alpha123 wrote: Me too!

Good to see Anthony opened his safe in Iowa :lol:
Did you work from Zappa Mexico (II) or the unreleased Zappa Cairo?

Peter
I actually had to ask Anthony about this one. :lol:

More or less ZMII.
Haha :D. Interesting.

I fully support you too. Good luck taking down the Rybka Cluster.... in the uniform platform championship though Rondo should have a decent chance.

Is it using a book from 2007?! (that's what it looked like on the webpage anyway) Um....

Peter
Zach Wegner

Post by Zach Wegner »

alpha123 wrote:Haha :D. Interesting.

I fully support you too. Good luck taking down the Rybka Cluster.... in the uniform platform championship though Rondo should have a decent chance.

Is it using a book from 2007?! (that's what it looked like on the webpage anyway) Um....

Peter
I expect to have better chances in the main event actually. Rondo should be running on some pretty ridiculous hardware if all goes according to plan.

Erdo is still booking for us, so the book should be quite up to date.