A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by geots »

bob wrote:
geots wrote:When you have someone's character in question to the point it can affect the man's living, be fair at least. I would propose a statute of limitations on how long he can be drug thru the court of public opinion. No matter your side in this, surely one would think, yea or nay- at least give him the same rights you would a common criminal. The manner in which this is being handled bothers me greatly.
50% of the blame lies directly with Vas. No responses to any of the issues raised, anywhere. Now Fabien has gotten involved. Perhaps things will move along with his involvement...

Agreed, Bob. The answer is no longer as important as getting all this crap finalized. I mean when i left 2 years ago, they were still arguing about Rybka. There needs to be a resolution to all this. As to Vas sharing any blame in this dragging out, I'm not sure i am willing to go there. But we both agree this needs to get done.
Tom Barrister

Post by Tom Barrister »

geots wrote:When you have someone's character in question to the point it can affect the man's living, be fair at least. I would propose a statute of limitations on how long he can be drug thru the court of public opinion. No matter your side in this, surely one would think, yea or nay- at least give him the same rights you would a common criminal. The manner in which this is being handled bothers me greatly.
I see you deleted your reply to my post, so I'll requote it:
geots wrote:Not hard to see you have only made 60 posts here with that horseshit answer. Take a break and come back when you grow up
Okay, mister, I'll spell it out to you in detail:

I don't live here on this forum, and I don't make meaningless posts. When I post, I have something of interest to say. Calling somebody names and telling them to grow up, as you did, isn't considered something of interest.

Since you missed the sarcasm, I'll make it plain to you.

No, I don't believe Mr. Rajlich should get a single bit of slack from anybody outside of his shills, butt-kissers, and those too clueless to know what's going on.

Give me one good reason why anybody should give this person any respect?

He used Fruit open-source code. More people who are qualified to know that have stated that's likely than have stated is isn't true.. Then he made it closed-source and turned it into a commercial enterprise. That's not debatable. Making GPL code closed-source is, to my understanding, a violation of GPL license. Charging money for software based on GPL code is, to my understanding, a violation of GPL license.

Then the man had the balls to annex Strelka because it was a clone of his and has the balls to condemn the Ippolit and/or Houdini as being clones of his. The pot calling the kettle black. And he further, in my opinion and probably that of others, coerces various online chess sites and chess tournament organizers to ban said alleged clones from competition.

In other words, the man who stole Fruit's code and turned it into a business, called somebody else who did the same to him (Strelka), got people who allegedly did the same banned through coercion of various sites and organizations, is looking for respect?

Yeah, right. Respect is earned, not demanded or asked for.

This cheap ploy of yours to divert the situation for somebody who was busted long ago in the eyes of the chess programming world, and who may soon be busted by the FSF and/or Mr. Letouzey, reminds me of Richard Nixon, in the middle of Watergate, telling the people of the United States that it should put Watergate aside and get back to the business of running the nation. That was lame then, and this is lame now.

Is that plain and grown up enough for you, Mr. Speight?

PS: Mr. Rajlich's character isn't in question at all. I believe that most of us who aren't Vas-kissers have a pretty good read on his character.
This production is being brought to you by Rybka: "The engine made from scratch.™"
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Tom Barrister wrote:
geots wrote:Not hard to see you have only made 60 posts here with that horseshit answer. Take a break and come back when you grow up

I don't live here on this forum, and I don't make meaningless posts. When I post, I have something of interest to say. Calling somebody names and telling them to grow up, as you did, isn't considered something of interest.

No, I don't believe Mr. Rajlich should get a single bit of slack from anybody outside of his shills, butt-kissers, and those too clueless to know what's going on.

He used Fruit open-source code. More people who are qualified to know that have stated that's likely than have stated is isn't true.. Then he made it closed-source and turned it into a commercial enterprise. That's not debatable. Making GPL code closed-source is, to my understanding, a violation of GPL license. Charging money for software based on GPL code is, to my understanding, a violation of GPL license.

Then the man had the balls to annex Strelka because it was a clone of his and has the balls to condemn the Ippolit and/or Houdini as being clones of his. The pot calling the kettle black. And he further, in my opinion and probably that of others, coerces various online chess sites and chess tournament organizers to ban said alleged clones from competition.

In other words, the man who stole Fruit's code and turned it into a business, called somebody else who did the same to him (Strelka), got people who allegedly did the same banned through coercion of various sites and organizations, is looking for respect?

This cheap ploy of yours to divert the situation for somebody who was busted long ago in the eyes of the chess programming world, and who may soon be busted by the FSF and/or Mr. Letouzey, reminds me of Richard Nixon, in the middle of Watergate, telling the people of the United States that it should put Watergate aside and get back to the business of running the nation. That was lame then, and this is lame now.

PS: Mr. Rajlich's character isn't in question at all. I believe that most of us who aren't Vas-kissers have a pretty good read on his character.
It is idiots like you that make any participation by Vas, (or other authors for that matter), almost impossible. Not many people enjoy getting into verbal mud slinging (although you certainly seem to be the exception). I see that you have 61 posts here, so obviously you are a newcomer. My advice to you is to try to be civilized and if you have anything constructive to say, try to do it in a matter that doesn't make you look like a troll trying to get some attention ... or better yet if you have nothing constructive to offer, keep it to yourself. I am sure that if you tried a little harder, you could do a much better job in projecting your point of view without any personal attacks or innuendos.
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

...And so, my fellow computer-chess-extremists ask not what your Vasik Rajlich can do for you - ask what you can do for Vasik Rajlich...
but lets face reality, honesty pays! Right "George Speight?" but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit Vasik Rajlich and if you would be
a real seeker after truth you sould realize that honor does not have to be defended.
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

M ANSARI wrote:
Tom Barrister wrote:

It is idiots like you that make any participation by Vas, (or other authors for that matter), almost impossible. Not many people enjoy getting into verbal mud slinging (although you certainly seem to be the exception). I see that you have 61 posts here, so obviously you are a newcomer. My advice to you is to try to be civilized and if you have anything constructive to say, try to do it in a matter that doesn't make you look like a troll trying to get some attention ... or better yet if you have nothing constructive to offer, keep it to yourself. I am sure that if you tried a little harder, you could do a much better job in projecting your point of view without any personal attacks or innuendos.
M ANSARI wrote: It is idiots like you.............
A gratuitous insult.
M ANSARI wrote: that make any participation by Vas, (or other authors for that matter), almost impossible.
Wrong. Many authors post here and feel welcome. Those whose conduct is questionable may meet an unsympathetic response from members who don’t like, amongst other things, lies, hypocrisy or theft.
M ANSARI wrote: Not many people enjoy getting into verbal mud slinging (although you certainly seem to be the exception).
You don’t seem to be able to distinguish between perpetrator and victim. His post was in response to the comment underlined and italicised below:
Not hard to see you have only made 60 posts here with that horseshit answer. Take a break and come back when you grow up
M ANSARI wrote: I see that you have 61 posts here, so obviously you are a newcomer.
An unjustified presupposition, he could have been passively reading this forum for years.
M ANSARI wrote: My advice to you is to try to be civilized
Try taking your own advice.
M ANSARI wrote: and if you have anything constructive to say,
He made a number of constructive points.
M ANSARI wrote: try to do it in a matter that doesn't make you look like a troll
His post did not have the appearance of a troll.
M ANSARI wrote: trying to get some attention
His post was a response to an insult. It was not an attempt to “get some attention”.
M ANSARI wrote: ... or better yet if you have nothing constructive to offer, keep it to yourself.
He reiterated, for the benefit of someone who claims not to have been here for some time, some points that are accepted by many members.
M ANSARI wrote: I am sure that if you tried a little harder, you could do a much better job in projecting your point of view without any personal attacks or innuendos.
Ironic. Your own post was nothing other than personal attacks and innuendo. Rarely, if ever, have I seen so many mistakes packed into so few sentences.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Tom Barrister wrote: Give me one good reason why anybody should give this person any respect?

Among all of those who used Fruit he was the best and became World Champion and held the title for many years now.

But I quoted a little paragraphe in your own speech and I would like to add a different aspect that speaks for that man Vasik.

Let's examine your speech.

"He used open source code" but you have no idea what exactly you want to insinuate by the word "used", because that would be the burner if you could specify this. Because here among the residents it's a very unclear question of what exactly and how he "used" it.

It's his different speech and his peace of mind. Now you would ask but how if he never speaks at all? Well, that's the difference between his peace of mind and your over-agitation.

"More people say this than that" This is another pudding expression without clarity. Because not the majority counts in legal questions but the substance of the arguments.

"Making GPL code closed" Here is a so called deadly circle because you argue with the identity of code again which isnt proven at all and simply pretend that it's proven. Which doesnt interest 5 years after the event anyway. So, you are stealing people's time at least.

"Charging money for GPL based code" There you go again with the rather obsessive proof circle where you only believe you have proven something that is proven.

So, in conclusion, it takes a true character to avoid all this sort of blablas from a bad lawyer's shoes I would carefully change the original verses. But the truth remains that you uttered nothing but bad feelings about a situation whose conditions you failed to put into a substantiated legal case.

I's beyond me why someone noble like Keith Hyams came running to help you out. Your message has no content and boils down to character defamation.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

M ANSARI wrote: It is idiots like you that make any participation by Vas, (or other authors for that matter), almost impossible.
My, my, I suppose you are qualified to recognize idiocy when you see it?
M ANSARI wrote: Not many people enjoy getting into verbal mud slinging (although you certainly seem to be the exception).
You certainly do not seem averse to a round or two of it yourself....
M ANSARI wrote: I see that you have 61 posts here, so obviously you are a newcomer.

And....?
M ANSARI wrote: My advice to you is to try to be civilized and if you have anything constructive to say, try to do it in a matter that doesn't make you look like a troll trying to get some attention ... or better yet if you have nothing constructive to offer, keep it to yourself.

This is advice is so sensible that I wonder how you managed to avoid taking it yourself.
M ANSARI wrote: I am sure that if you tried a little harder, you could do a much better job in projecting your point of view without any personal attacks or innuendos.

This has to be the ironic post of the year.

Hands down.

Tom's posts have been informative, sensible and on point in the main. Certainly I enjoy reading them. I notice that you had nothing to say to the poster above him who posted an answer which would have aggravated a saint. That post contained nothing but a gratuitous insult and a dismissive tone. It should have earned your ire far more than Tom's post given your stance..

Where was this magnificent lecture then?

Personal attacks and innuendos?

Hahahahahahahahahaha...wheeeee.

Later.
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

geots wrote:So Graham lies and wishes for the death of others. Horseshit
Horseshit?

He said kinda "I hope they crash into a tree and disapear"

That's going too far for my taste.
geots

Post by geots »

Tom Barrister wrote:

I deleted nothing and take nothing back. Crawl back somewhere
geots

Post by geots »

Tom Barrister wrote:

Oral diarrhea is treatable. They probably have free clinics. look into it