A Request to Richard Vida

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Re: A Request to Richard Vida

Post by Guenther »

rvida wrote:
Izak Pretorius wrote:Some of my friends there has suggested i compile your Critter 1.4 source.
What they think would be the benefit of another binary? I feel a bit offended by people thinking I can not produce a decent binary from my sources. I think your MSVC/GCC/whatever is just as good as mine (unless you are a GCC developer ;))
Soon they create a poll if you had to give away your sources for a new compile - better manage to lose them right now.

Guenther
Izak Pretorius

Post by Izak Pretorius »

rvida wrote:
Izak Pretorius wrote:Some of my friends there has suggested i compile your Critter 1.4 source.
What they think would be the benefit of another binary? I feel a bit offended by people thinking I can not produce a decent binary from my sources. I think your MSVC/GCC/whatever is just as good as mine (unless you are a GCC developer ;))
Okay thanks Richard.I suspect that means a no then ? ;)
No worries,i appreciate your reply and honesty.

All the best with the next Critter release and i hope one day soon it will be the nr.1 chess engine in the world.

Best Regards
Izak
Don

Post by Don »

Izak Pretorius wrote:
rvida wrote:
Okay thanks Richard.I suspect that means a no then ? ;)
No worries,i appreciate your reply and honesty.

All the best with the next Critter release and i hope one day soon it will be the nr.1 chess engine in the world.

Best Regards
I am a big fan of Critter too and I sincerely hope that someday it will be the number 2 engine in the world, right behind Komodo of course.
Izak