Marco steps down as Stockfish maintainer

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Marco steps down as Stockfish maintainer

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Henk wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote:
Henk wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote:
Henk wrote:It's fun to see all those tournaments where Ippolit plays against itself.

I don't see Glaurung in your new picture.
As I mentioned before ,
In my eyes: all these top chess engines are original wok (exception Ippolit) and we can't say for the mentioned engines: Ippolit (Rybkanian) family

But what I want to say with the current published picture,
All top chess engines are learned/studied from each other....but they also include a lot of own ideas as well !

That's why they play a lot of stronger... and we should count them as original work...!!
I don't. Forget about originality. I don't know a fast car with original triangular wheels. Perhaps only the first chess programs ever were original.

Only thing that counts is whether it is legal or not. I mean copying or using ideas of others.
So we need to test only the first chess program, right ) ?
And I wonder, which one is the 1st chess engine ?

But however,
There is one problem: I am afraid that we will not be able to find 100 % original opponent for the 1st chess program )))

Plus, I have serious doubts about that,
The first 100% original chess program will not work on latest decent PC systems ))!!
How do we know Houdini, Komodo and Gull are not small variations on all Stockfish ideas ?
We don't....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
chesstangous

Re: Marco steps down as Stockfish maintainer

Post by chesstangous »

I agree.
It is a pity that when a project had got a leadership , just the leader says I step aside. I respect him because he is tired, has no help, many subjects to attend, including his family, and I see that there is no more Rockwood versions nor Ipman versions.....
What a mess!!!!!
I wish someone takes the project and re enlight and empower it.
It s worth while.
And pls it was a mess to find any updates (specially Ipman's) announced in more than one site and we had to download them from different sources.....
Pls urgently unify them in TalkChess.com !!! TalkChess is serious site.(':shock:')
Informatics doesn't replace knowledge and this doesn't replace wisdom....