Whether Deep Hiarcs is Worth £69.95 / €83.95 / $99 ??

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Whether Deep Hiarcs is Worth £69.95 / €83.95 / $99.99 ??

No
63%
Yes
37%

Total votes: 67

Terry McCracken

Re: Whether Deep Hiarcs is Worth £69.95 / €83.95 / $99 ??

Post by Terry McCracken »

APassionForCriminalJustic wrote:
Modern Times wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote: We're infested with Rybka trolls.
And some anti-Rybka trolls as well.
For goodness sakes, this is not about being a troll. We all have our opinions; so be it. But have the brains to recognize what is worth the money and what is overpriced. Furthermore, think about what is correct and what are outright lies.

Terry, keep believing what you want. Men used to believe the world wasn't round either - that it was instead flat with an actual "edge of the world". Is Hiarcs worth 100 dollars? Hm, what do you think? 39.99 for Komodo which is a much STRONGER engine, and they are not claiming false titles, or 99 dollars for HIARCS. Good god. There is no point even writing in this thread anymore. Terry all you know is how to call people names; think and use your head man.

"Infested with Rybka trolls"... you make me sick... absolutely sick. Trolls don't have real passionate opinions... they just spam. Use your head.
I'm sure I do. Isn't this the proverbial Pot calling the kettle black?

You gotta love the hypocrisy in CCC.

Hey Bob, got any roach motels on hand? :)
Terry McCracken
stagehand

Re: Whether Deep Hiarcs is Worth £69.95 / €83.95 / $99 ??

Post by stagehand »

On the other hand I do like using Hiarcs Chess Explorer, plus the opening books, which of course comes with part of the package,
But I do think it wrong that they can claim that their engine is World Champion, in any/all engine grading lists it is well down and many of the free engines are ranked much higher.
Anyone who knows just a little with regard to chess engines would not put Hiarcs in their top five.