Komodo 9.3x give-away contest - ends 18:00 CET (Nov 11)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ozymandias

Re: Komodo 9.3x give-away contest - ends 18:00 CET (Nov 11)

Post by Ozymandias »

More than 9%, of all those who understood what they were being asked, guessed the final result (+7). That's 8 out of 87 valid predictions, someone betting for a 0-100, 50-49 or 55-46 score, wasn't giving a possible outcome, although the last one was really close :wink: And then there's a dozen very biased results (50 something to 0), which are possible, but really suspect.
IanO

Post by IanO »

Jesse Gersenson wrote:It was a three-way tie for first place. Tony guessed 9-2 as did two other people. Way to go Tony, Ian and Mark B.!
Whew, wasn't sure I'd responded in time! Christmas came early this year, with both Komodo 7 and 9.3! And congrats on the Komodo TCEC victory, a beautiful show of the power of knight outposts.

I'm surprised there weren't more guesses in the 8-2 and 9-2 buckets, considering the score at the time you asked for guesses.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

IanO wrote:
Jesse Gersenson wrote:It was a three-way tie for first place. Tony guessed 9-2 as did two other people. Way to go Tony, Ian and Mark B.!
Whew, wasn't sure I'd responded in time! Christmas came early this year, with both Komodo 7 and 9.3! And congrats on the Komodo TCEC victory, a beautiful show of the power of knight outposts.

I'm surprised there weren't more guesses in the 8-2 and 9-2 buckets, considering the score at the time you asked for guesses.
''''

I was close ;)