Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by AlexChess »

Modern Times wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:55 am What is the upgrade process for Banksia on Windows ? If I downloaded Version 0.58 (RC1), how would I move to the release version and retain all settings etc?
I simply launch the new exe contained on the downloaded folder placing it for example in c:\ (different from the original) since all config data are stored on the separate folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\BanksiaGUI\

before lauching the exe, MAKE A BACKUP OF THIS FOLDER ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A VERY OLD BUILD

so if you have issues you can quicky overwrite the new with the old one returning to the previous build.
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
fishpov

Trying to register in Banksia GUI forums

Post by fishpov »

When I a trying to register, I really don't understant the meaning of : CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION
I don't know how to fill this field ?
Write down a term that is NOT related to Banksia GUI: flower, graphics, tournament, bank, chess, interface, software:
This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.

Thanks a lot for your help.
PaulieD

Post by PaulieD »

Is the banksiagui.com site down for others also? It's down now at 4:09 EST US
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

PaulieD wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:10 pm Is the banksiagui.com site down for others also? It's down now at 4:09 EST US
Yes, also from Italy. Emailed to Pham the issue.
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
AlexChess

Re: Trying to register in Banksia GUI forums

Post by AlexChess »

fishpov wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:20 am When I a trying to register, I really don't understant the meaning of : CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION
I don't know how to fill this field ?
Write down a term that is NOT related to Banksia GUI: flower, graphics, tournament, bank, chess, interface, software:
This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.

Thanks a lot for your help.
bank? :wink:
Banksia flower
Last edited by AlexChess on Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishpov

Post by fishpov »

Sorry but I really don't understand what we have to answer in field CONFIRMATION OF REGSITRATION ?
I am French and perhaps my logical reasoning is not good for that ?
What does it mean ?
We must not put terms which speaking about flower, graphics ?
a term means one or several words ?

I have always : You have provided an invalid answer to the question.
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

fishpov wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:09 pm Sorry but I really don't understand what we have to answer in field CONFIRMATION OF REGSITRATION ?
I am French and perhaps my logical reasoning is not good for that ?
What does it mean ?
We must not put terms which speaking about flower, graphics ?
a term means one or several words ?

I have always : You have provided an invalid answer to the question.
Yes, write only bank that is not related (I'm not the author of this capcha :wink: just tested working)

Banksiagui is online again, welcome :D

AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

Lichess.org BanksiaGui client is wonderful: you can watch your live games from web, is multi-platform Win, Mac, Linux, offers a lot of games statistics, too! More stable than another well know commercial software available only for Windows.

I'm there with two accounts: ProteusSF-Lite and ProteusSF together with Stockfish, Eman, Brainlearn, Marvin and 140 other bots. Try it! Stronger engines (almost unbeatables) are: Mate-AI, Caissa-x, ToromBOT and Iwantedtoplaychess.

DEMO VIDEO

BanksiaGUI TUTORIAL
CornfedForever
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Post by CornfedForever »

Perhaps you could play Eduard so he will quit complaining? :wink:
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

CornfedForever wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:42 pm Perhaps you could play Eduard so he will quit complaining? :wink:
No please, keep him here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: