Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by Eduard »

Haha,
watch all games (you can watch your live games)?

You can also watch all games on PlayChess. There the opponents are much stronger. Only: What should ProteusSF watch on PlayChess? There's nothing to watch. Unfortunately.

His two main accounts only play games against their own test accounts and only 2 games a week just to push his Elo. :roll:

He gives advice to others, but he himself does not do what he says.

Question to AlexChess: when will we be able to see more games of your gold versions? Two games a week, plus against your own test accounts, that's nothing. You are also welcome to compete against me in a duel on 100 games. Then we'll see how good you are. However, I do not play against cheaters. Play normal games first, then I'll be happy to remove you from my ignore list.
Last edited by Eduard on Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CornfedForever
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Post by CornfedForever »

AlexChess wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:25 pm
CornfedForever wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:42 pm Perhaps you could play Eduard so he will quit complaining? :wink:
No please, keep him here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm just saying...let him 'put up or shut up' as they say. But maybe you (or he) does not want to play and settle it.
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

I would ever love to watch the ProteusSF GOLD supergames, but there aren't any! For many weeks its engine has only been playing 2 games a week against itself (test accounts), how am I supposed to watch ProteusSF games? I would like so much, but there is nothing...
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

Here's where I posted the state of ProteusSF:
https://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic. ... 50#p945160

Total games on March 21:

He shows up on the server almost every day and brags about his rating.

See a victories only against its test accounts:

ProteusSF test accounts:
Fourcores, ethereal-14-00, proteussf, chesscombot (and 2 more)

I will post a new photo in 14 days. I'm curious if ProteusSF Sunrise GOLD and ProteusSF Crystal GOLD will also play against other opponents than his test accounts, and how many games in total?

My prognosis:
He will continue to only play a few games against his test accounts.
If he should play against others, then only as a cherry picker.

All other players will not enjoy playing against ProteusSF. Unfortunately, this engine is just a showcase dummy, sorry to say, but that's the truth at the moment.
fishpov

Post by fishpov »

Hi Alexchess

Tanks a lot, now, with your help I am registered.
I have tried : bank
Write down a term that is NOT related to Banksia GUI: flower, graphics, tournament, bank, chess, interface, software:
This means in fact : Write one of these terms : flower, graphics, tournament, bank, chess, interface, software.
This is really twisted logic for me.
AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Post by AlexChess »

fishpov wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:35 am Hi Alexchess

Tanks a lot, now, with your help I am registered.
I have tried : bank
Write down a term that is NOT related to Banksia GUI: flower, graphics, tournament, bank, chess, interface, software:
This means in fact : Write one of these terms : flower, graphics, tournament, bank, chess, interface, software.
This is really twisted logic for me.
Happy for that!

With Pham, we are trying to spread BanksiaGUI features. If you have specific requests like compiling engines for Mac or Android, feel free to ask me :D
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

CornfedForever wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:42 pm Perhaps you could play Eduard so he will quit complaining? :wink:
Hi Cornfed! Really, If you are a programmer or a chess engines fan, reach me at Lichess.org. With some cosmetic changes it could become THE server for playing chess engines online. Statistics, LichessTV to watch our live games from web and a lot of features still hidden, but I'm learning how to exploit all his potentials. There are very good bots to challenge: Caissa-x, ToromBOT, Mate-AI, Iliketoplaychess, Shineshou90_BOT, Raspfish,

Even if online ELO is absolutely inconsistent related to FIDE and 3000 or 2900 range (like in Lichess) IS MEANINGLESS while comparing a 60$ Raspberry with a 128 threads 10000$ ThreadRipper on the same little poll, is a nice benchmark relative to YOUR hardware, to test YOUR improvements. There, thanks to the fact that wonderful BanksiaGUI is cross-platform, I can also use NATIVELY my Mac M1 setting all 8 CPUs finally reaching 6-20 MN/s, my Core i5 PC 4 CPUs 2.5 MN/s, but even my Mac mini 2010 300 kN/s 2 cores is still very competitive, so I leave it online 24h/24 and it is on top ranking challenging all this unknown but strong bots (most of them are Stockfish, LC0, or top engines anyway :wink:)
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
CornfedForever
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Post by CornfedForever »

AlexChess wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:49 am
Hi Cornfed! Really, If you are a programmer or a chess engines fan, reach me at Lichess.org. With some cosmetic changes it could become THE server for playing chess engines online. Statistics, LichessTV to watch our live games from web and a lot of features still hidden, but I'm learning how to exploit all his potentials. There are very good bots to challenge: Caissa-x, ToromBOT, Mate-AI, Iliketoplaychess, Shineshou90_BOT, Raspfish,

Even if online ELO is absolutely inconsistent related to FIDE and 3000 or 2900 range (like in Lichess) IS MEANINGLESS while comparing a 60$ Raspberry with a 128 threads 10000$ ThreadRipper on the same little poll, is a nice benchmark relative to YOUR hardware, to test YOUR improvements. There, thanks to the fact that wonderful BanksiaGUI is cross-platform, I can also use NATIVELY my Mac M1 setting all 8 CPUs finally reaching 6-20 MN/s, my Core i5 PC 4 CPUs 2.5 MN/s, but even my Mac mini 2010 300 kN/s 2 cores is still very competitive, so I leave it online 24h/24 and it is on top ranking challenging all this unknown but strong bots (most of them are Stockfish, LC0, or top engines anyway :wink:)
No thanks.
Not a programmer and have no interest in playing engines....just was trying to get you two to talk because it's all getting pretty silly...elo = ego and we have too much ego in this world. I only use engines for analysis.
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

CornfedForever wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:53 pm
No thanks.
Not a programmer and have no interest in playing engines....just was trying to get you two to talk because it's all getting pretty silly...elo = ego and we have too much ego in this world. I only use engines for analysis.
Anyway I have added you to my friends here, together with fishpov :)
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

How's the Basnksia project going?