A question to CCRL

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 4606
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Guenther »

Modern Times wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:04 pm
Guenther wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:34 pm I noticed that the engine collections of Jim Ablett and N.R. Leisner hosted at Kirills server aren't working anymore again.
All other sites listed at http://kirill-kryukov.com/kirr/ seem to work.

http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/engines/Jim%20Ablett/
http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/engines/ ... ollection/
Access has been restored.

The NAS where Kirill had those files stored was shutdown in a blackout and he forgot to turn it back on afterwards.
Thanks for informing Kirill. Now I have to restore the previous links in the chronology ;-)
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 4606
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Guenther »

Guenther wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:17 pm
Modern Times wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:04 pm
Guenther wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:34 pm I noticed that the engine collections of Jim Ablett and N.R. Leisner hosted at Kirills server aren't working anymore again.
All other sites listed at http://kirill-kryukov.com/kirr/ seem to work.

http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/engines/Jim%20Ablett/
http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/engines/ ... ollection/
Access has been restored.

The NAS where Kirill had those files stored was shutdown in a blackout and he forgot to turn it back on afterwards.
Thanks for informing Kirill. Now I have to restore the previous links in the chronology ;-)
Both links for Jims and Norberts engines folders are not working again.
Any solution?

There is a backup for Jims folder done already in 2019 by Tony, when the problem appeared the first time.
viewtopic.php?p=822758&hilit=ablett#p822758

But AFAIK there is none for Norberts folder?

Guenther
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 4606
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Guenther »

*bump*

Wayback has only archived the text/html files. (with two exceptions)
https://web.archive.org/web/20230430062 ... ollection/
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ki ... ollection/*

Could you somehow inform Kirill if he is going to restart this server or at least put the files somewhere for copying?
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 41445
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Graham Banks »

Guenther wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:42 am *bump*

Wayback has only archived the text/html files. (with two exceptions)
https://web.archive.org/web/20230430062 ... ollection/
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ki ... ollection/*

Could you somehow inform Kirill if he is going to restart this server or at least put the files somewhere for copying?
I've let him know.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 41445
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Graham Banks »

Reply from Kirill:
Yeah, sorry, it's still down. Please try this alternative link:
http://kirr.dyndns.org/chess/engines/Jim%20Ablett/

But this is a temporary link. After investigating I realized that dyndns stopped propagating DNS data for my domains. I tried reaching their support, but could not. So, sadly, I will have to stop using dyndns and move all sites to proper domains. This is in progress with my hosting, will take another week to set up new names, because I am transferring the name from another host and it takes time. And then I will need to reconfigure my sites to use the new names, which may also take time.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
User avatar
Jim Ablett
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am
Location: London, England
Full name: Jim Ablett

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Jim Ablett »

Graham Banks wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:42 pm Reply from Kirill:
Yeah, sorry, it's still down. Please try this alternative link:
http://kirr.dyndns.org/chess/engines/Jim%20Ablett/

But this is a temporary link. After investigating I realized that dyndns stopped propagating DNS data for my domains. I tried reaching their support, but could not. So, sadly, I will have to stop using dyndns and move all sites to proper domains. This is in progress with my hosting, will take another week to set up new names, because I am transferring the name from another host and it takes time. And then I will need to reconfigure my sites to use the new names, which may also take time.
I really appreciate Kirill for hosting these files for free for so long. I did find another site while trawling the web that mirrors it >

http://www.lenardspencer.net/chess/JA-Bundle-Final/

Jim.
User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 4606
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Guenther »

Graham Banks wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:42 pm Reply from Kirill:
Yeah, sorry, it's still down. Please try this alternative link:
http://kirr.dyndns.org/chess/engines/Jim%20Ablett/

But this is a temporary link. After investigating I realized that dyndns stopped propagating DNS data for my domains. I tried reaching their support, but could not. So, sadly, I will have to stop using dyndns and move all sites to proper domains. This is in progress with my hosting, will take another week to set up new names, because I am transferring the name from another host and it takes time. And then I will need to reconfigure my sites to use the new names, which may also take time.
Sorry, you did not read my message properly. (There is already a backup for Jims old folder made by Tony Mokonen)
https://mega.nz/folder/P10URKzI#5hiV02l ... r/qs8BxCqT

I was asking about the collection done by Norbert Leisner.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 41445
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Graham Banks »

Guenther wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:10 pm
Graham Banks wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:42 pm Reply from Kirill:
Yeah, sorry, it's still down. Please try this alternative link:
http://kirr.dyndns.org/chess/engines/Jim%20Ablett/

But this is a temporary link. After investigating I realized that dyndns stopped propagating DNS data for my domains. I tried reaching their support, but could not. So, sadly, I will have to stop using dyndns and move all sites to proper domains. This is in progress with my hosting, will take another week to set up new names, because I am transferring the name from another host and it takes time. And then I will need to reconfigure my sites to use the new names, which may also take time.
Sorry, you did not read my message properly. (There is already a backup for Jims old folder made by Tony Mokonen)
https://mega.nz/folder/P10URKzI#5hiV02l ... r/qs8BxCqT

I was asking about the collection done by Norbert Leisner.
I gave Kirill the link to your post.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 4606
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: A question to CCRL

Post by Guenther »

Graham Banks wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:39 pm
Guenther wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:10 pm
Graham Banks wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:42 pm Reply from Kirill:
Yeah, sorry, it's still down. Please try this alternative link:
http://kirr.dyndns.org/chess/engines/Jim%20Ablett/

But this is a temporary link. After investigating I realized that dyndns stopped propagating DNS data for my domains. I tried reaching their support, but could not. So, sadly, I will have to stop using dyndns and move all sites to proper domains. This is in progress with my hosting, will take another week to set up new names, because I am transferring the name from another host and it takes time. And then I will need to reconfigure my sites to use the new names, which may also take time.
Sorry, you did not read my message properly. (There is already a backup for Jims old folder made by Tony Mokonen)
https://mega.nz/folder/P10URKzI#5hiV02l ... r/qs8BxCqT

I was asking about the collection done by Norbert Leisner.
I gave Kirill the link to your post.
Ah, it's there too, but you posted the wrong link ;)

http://kirr.dyndns.org/chess/engines/No ... ollection/

I just tried the link again one level up and Norberts collection is there too! Say thanks to Kirill please.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
Post Reply