Alpha Zero's 21. Bg5! revisited

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mwyoung

Re: Alpha Zero's 21. Bg5! revisited

Post by mwyoung »

peter wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:41 am
mwyoung wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:38 am You ignore all of what I have said.
You really talk about me?
:)
Which one move is better to you in the given position?
Doesn't it matter to you?
Why than all that fuzz?

And not to ignore your other one "argument", only composed problems would have only one soution, that depends on your definition of "solution".
I tell you once again in case you didn't read or get this one I said before (or ignored it), any position in chess, you want to play onwards from, has to have a single solution, if you want to play and if it's your turn. You have to decide for a single one move for your side, if you can't decide, you have to resign, not having found the "solution" of the position.
So you once in while just have to decide here and now, if you want to play.

And now, my huckleberry friend (which you tell me to be, btw you know Moon River, don't you?), what's your next move regards
Again, I am your Huckleberry!

"And not to ignore your other one "argument", only Absolute, that depends on your definition of "solution"."

It is not my definition. Chess is a game of absolutes. That is what draw us all to the game of chess! Chess is a game of absolutes.

And you did ignore the problem. "And not to ignore your other one "argument" :lol: And then you just did ignore the argument.

And just to clue you in, that is what absolute means.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

mwyoung wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:05 am And you did ignore the problem.
Did I?
The problem is, which one move is better (here and in other "problems" and positions)?
What's your move, Huckleberry?

Ignorance is bliss regards
Peter.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

peter wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:18 am
mwyoung wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:05 am And you did ignore the problem.
Did I?
The problem is, which one move is better (here and in other "problems" and positions)?
What's your move, "And not to ignore your other one "argument"?

Ignorance is bliss regards
Are you just stupid. I have made my words plain. If both moves win. Then they are equal in chess! :lol:

Are you saying you have a table base that proves one move wins, and the other move is draw, or is a loss. :shock:

Then I am your huckleberry!
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

mwyoung wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:28 am Are you just stupid. I have made my words plain. If both moves win. Then they are equal in chess! :lol:
And it's you calling me stupid, telling us again and again such pure nonsense ( even with a lol behind your flubdub) ??

If I win with e4 against you and I win with d4 against you, your logic would tell you, e4 and d4 are equal to me, so they'd be equal to you too, wouldn't they?
Being therefore unable do decide between these two now, you try c4 and lose again, than you stop playing against me, trying 1.a3 against an even weaker player than you are, win and now you are sure: a3 is better then c4.
Then you give h3 a try, just to see, if it wouldn't win too, you win again against your Huckleberry- opponent, which one move would you chose then against me, feeling strong enough now to take one more chance?
a3 or h3 or e4 or d4? They were all winning to you against Huckleberry or winning for me against you, now you are in really big trouble, you can't chose one of the many equal moves, that all win or won sometimes, you have to resign being unable to decide for one or them.

If you call me stupid once again with or without any new "argument", especially without chosing a move in the position the whole long thread is about, 21.Bg5 or b4 or any other one of your choice, I'd be somewhat shorter and even more barefaced (than you are and think me to be able to be) in my then very last answer, so better think twice about calling me stupid a second time, Huckleberry!

Almost angry regards
Peter.