Fritz 19

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

CornfedForever
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Re: Fritz 19

Post by CornfedForever »

Uri wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:09 pm Like allmost all of Chessbase products, Fritz 19 is a disappointment for me.

I expected something better and stronger than Fritz 19. Fritz 19 when it comes to playing strength doesn't even stand a chance compared to Stockfish, Leela and Komodo.

Fritz 19 is simply a waste of money.
The engine is just an engine...plug and play as you will with any. Fritz 19 is far more than a simple engine.
Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Post by Eduard »

I have now deactivated Fritz 19 and then uninstalled it.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Isn't recommending that people don't buy a product, almost as bad as recommending that they buy it?

Is it commercial exhortation?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

I write my recommendations for my friends. I have some friends with whom I play on the server. I get thousands of games from them, which I analyze and turn into books for us. That's why I sometimes watch what's happening live. I want my friends to succeed. Unfortunately, during the last Fritz 18 update, I had to watch as my friends lost in a series because of a BUG in the software.
For several months now I've been checking every new update and giving tips to my friends. Yesterday it was similar with Fritz 19. One of my friends called me on the phone and asked me if he could play with Fritz 19 on the server as well as with Fritz 18 update 10. Unfortunately I had to tell him no. We are now continuing to play with Fritz 18. Fritz 19 is not usable for server players because of the Syzygy bug. It would even be better to play without Syzygy-GUI at all. The engine stops calculating at 6 pieces and has to calculate again (in time trouble) at 5 pieces. This is also a joke because of the lack of hash learning in time trouble.
marsell

Post by marsell »

I'm so tired here. Always the same complaining, but the idiots keep buying it. I think they only do this to moan afterwards.
I have the 18. Why the hell would I buy the 19 now after a year. I'm not one of those Apple junkies.
Bye
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

I bought F19 for various reasons, it should be a gift for my nephew for his birthday. He started playing computer chess on the server. But with such Syzygy BUGs I can't give him the GUI.
cc2150dx
Full name: Jason Coombs

Post by cc2150dx »

Engine vs engine match. No evaluation line after Fritz 19 completes it's move (it just goes blank) This happens to both sides no matter what engine I use. Does anyone else have this issue or way to fix it ?

This issue is not there in Fritz 18 GUI.Image
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

cc2150dx wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:39 am Engine vs engine match. No evaluation line after Fritz 19 completes it's move (it just goes blank) This happens to both sides no matter what engine I use. Does anyone else have this issue or way to fix it ?

This issue is not there in Fritz 18 GUI.Image
You have to activate Scroll main line, Extra search info --> see photo:
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

Next BUG:
If you select a book other than Fritz 19.ctg, the next time you start the GUI only Fritz 19.ctg will be loaded and shown in the book window. I would like to always have my own book loaded and not Fritz 19.ctg.

Example:

My own book is loaded.

Now I restart the GUI.

Fritz 19.ctg can be seen again in the book window. :evil:
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Speaking of Fritz19, does anyone know where the Fritz19 exe file is located?
I'd like to be able to install it in Arena...

Edit: For some reason it's under Program files (x86)\Common files\ -- Had to locate it using Task Manager, since the Win11 file search is not working that well. :oops: