New engine releases & news H1 2024

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Gabor Szots
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Gabor Szots »

jasper.sinclair wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:15 pm there's an easy solution:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 01afe13b26

1. Select Start , then open Settings . Under Privacy & security , select Virus & threat protection.

2. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.

3. Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process. A folder exclusion will apply to all subfolders within the folder as well.

Add any/all folders that contain engines...these folders won't be scanned or processed.
I was not aware of that possibility. Thank you.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
User avatar
Sylwy
Posts: 4567
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:19 pm
Location: IASI - the historical capital of MOLDOVA
Full name: SilvianR

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Sylwy »

Expositor 4WR02 (Kade Philips-USA), full of news:

https://github.com/expo-dev/expositor/r ... /tag/4WR02
User avatar
Sylwy
Posts: 4567
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:19 pm
Location: IASI - the historical capital of MOLDOVA
Full name: SilvianR

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Sylwy »

Omelette 1.0 by Benjamin Paul. 64-bit binary & logo: Jim Ablett:

https://drive.proton.me/urls/RQYR92ZERM#0FXpAFNkLu3D
martinn
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:33 am
Full name: Martin Novák

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by martinn »

Motor 0.2.0
Elo difference: 278.3 +/- 54.9 LTC against 0.1.0
Elo difference: 306.7 +/- 59.1 STC against 0.1.0
https://github.com/martinnovaak/motor/r ... tag/v0.2.0
Carbec
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 am
Location: France
Full name: Philippe Chevalier

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Carbec »

Hello,

I don't have yet a new release, but I made some modifications on GitHub. The repositery is still Zangdar, but because it was extremely bad done, I started a new one. The ancient one, with the releases, is named Zangdar_0.
I will try to have a better use of git now.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If any problem, don't hesitate to tell.
User avatar
Jim Ablett
Posts: 1512
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am
Location: London, England
Full name: Jim Ablett

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Jim Ablett »

martinn wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:10 am Motor 0.2.0
Elo difference: 278.3 +/- 54.9 LTC against 0.1.0
Elo difference: 306.7 +/- 59.1 STC against 0.1.0
https://github.com/martinnovaak/motor/r ... tag/v0.2.0
Image

Motor v0.2.0 64 ja

Clang profiled Windows build.

https://drive.proton.me/urls/8W5R4C0P2M#7QEro4Av8zz1

Jim.
Carbec
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 am
Location: France
Full name: Philippe Chevalier

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Carbec »

Zangdar 2.27.08

Since the last version, I added a Tuner, and made numerous tests to improve the evaluation. Some worked, but most of all failed. I begin to think that the real improvement now will the Neural thing. Im totally ignorant of that, that's the next big challenge ! Before that, I would like to continue to improve the search; there are some heuristics that I didn't integrate.
I also improved the search, but not that much.

From some matches I did, I estimate Zangdar new elo about 3050.

https://github.com/Carbecq/Zangdar/rele ... g/v2.27.08
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Full name: Ed Schröder

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Rebel »

Jim Ablett wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:45 am
martinn wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:10 am Motor 0.2.0
Elo difference: 278.3 +/- 54.9 LTC against 0.1.0
Elo difference: 306.7 +/- 59.1 STC against 0.1.0
https://github.com/martinnovaak/motor/r ... tag/v0.2.0
Image

Motor v0.2.0 64 ja

Clang profiled Windows build.

https://drive.proton.me/urls/8W5R4C0P2M#7QEro4Av8zz1

Jim.
Good to see you active again Jim...
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Full name: Ed Schröder

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Rebel »

Image

REBEL-16.3 is the follow up of REBEL-EAS  and is estimated 35-40 elo stronger purely based on a stronger neural network. No search changes.

...

https://rebel7775.wixsite.com/rebel
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.
User avatar
Jim Ablett
Posts: 1512
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am
Location: London, England
Full name: Jim Ablett

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Jim Ablett »

Rebel wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:34 am
Jim Ablett wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:45 am
martinn wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:10 am Motor 0.2.0
Elo difference: 278.3 +/- 54.9 LTC against 0.1.0
Elo difference: 306.7 +/- 59.1 STC against 0.1.0
https://github.com/martinnovaak/motor/r ... tag/v0.2.0
Image

Motor v0.2.0 64 ja

Clang profiled Windows build.

https://drive.proton.me/urls/8W5R4C0P2M#7QEro4Av8zz1

Jim.
Good to see you active again Jim...
All the best Ed.