New engine releases & news H1 2024

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chessqueen
Posts: 5679
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:16 am
Location: Moving
Full name: Jorge Picado

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Chessqueen »

Moderation - post deleted, wrong forum.

This thread is only about announcements.

Don't pollute it, please.
I am ready to swap brain with Stockfish chip. https://www.facebook.com/share/iHzQpSjc ... tid=oFDknk
User avatar
Sylwy
Posts: 4542
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:19 pm
Location: IASI - the historical capital of MOLDOVA
Full name: SilvianR

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Sylwy »

Sylwy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 pm Moderation - post deleted, wrong forum.

This thread is only about announcements.

Don't pollute it, please.
?????

Overzealousness. This post contained an announcement and a link about a new engine compiled by Jim Ablett. It is about Slowpoke_01_ja (an engine written in Kotlin by Terje Kirstihagen-Weiss' author). I'm reposting the link (maybe it won't be deleted again):

==============
https://drive.proton.me/urls/E9SE2VPX8G#PqXbgH5Lf4wN
==============

Image

The link does not exist posted elsewhere.
JoAnnP38
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:34 pm
Location: Clearwater, Florida USA
Full name: JoAnn Peeler

Pedantic 1.0.0 Released

Post by JoAnnP38 »

Pedantic 1.0.0
https://github.com/JoAnnP38/PedanticRF/ ... tag/v1.0.0

Refactored/rewritten codebase, but 100% Pedantic!
91 +/-12 Elo over version 0.6.2 in self-play @ tc 20+0.2
115 +/-12 Elo over version 0.6.0 in self-play @ tc 20+0.2
User avatar
Jim Ablett
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am
Location: London, England
Full name: Jim Ablett

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Jim Ablett »

Image
Pirarucu v3.35 by Raoni Campos
https://github.com/ratosh/pirarucu

Not a new release but new compiles.

Pirarucu v3.35 64 ja

https://drive.proton.me/urls/1S4N71HH4G#IqiuIC1BpOvv

Jim.
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 7032
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Full name: Ed Schröder

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Rebel »

Sylwy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:48 am
Sylwy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 pm Moderation - post deleted, wrong forum.

This thread is only about announcements.

Don't pollute it, please.
?????

Overzealousness. This post contained an announcement and a link about a new engine compiled by Jim Ablett. It is about Slowpoke_01_ja (an engine written in Kotlin by Terje Kirstihagen-Weiss' author). I'm reposting the link (maybe it won't be deleted again):
You can put posts like yours (engine testing) in the appropriate "tournament and matches" forum or in your private forum "if you are interested".

It has been said a zillion times this thread ONLY is about new released engines.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.
User avatar
Jim Ablett
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am
Location: London, England
Full name: Jim Ablett

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Jim Ablett »

Jim Ablett wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:30 pm Image
Bitbit v1.1 by Isak Ellmer
https://github.com/Spinojara/bitbit

Bitbit v1.1 64 ja

Windows and Linux profiled builds.

https://drive.proton.me/urls/61A20M7X8R#A3f7imo7NQQc

Jim.
Bitbit v1.2 64 ja

Windows and Linux profiled builds.

https://drive.proton.me/urls/R5EBFF3NMM#6pYW8rGOfZUT

Jim.
Uri Blass
Posts: 10420
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:37 am
Location: Tel-Aviv Israel

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Uri Blass »

Jim Ablett wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:04 pm Image
Weiss v2.1 dev by Terje Kirstihagen
https://github.com/TerjeKir/weiss

Weiss v2.1 dev 64 JA
Windows/Linux/Android builds

https://drive.proton.me/urls/K0E9807AHC#YspJwW4vGzPR

Jim.
unfortunately it seems that weiss does not support fixed nodes.
User avatar
Jim Ablett
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am
Location: London, England
Full name: Jim Ablett

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by Jim Ablett »

Image
Xiphos 0.6.1 by Milos Tatarevic
https://github.com/milostatarevic/xiphos

Not a new release but new compiles.

Clang profiled builds.
Windows/Linux/Android.

Xiphos 0.6.1 64 ja

https://drive.proton.me/urls/98ZND3PJS0#kpTBRXENxtLU

Jim.
bdmendes
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm
Full name: Bruno Mendes

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by bdmendes »

Camel 1.5.0 released: https://github.com/bdmendes/camel/releases/tag/v1.5.0

+82 in self play vs 1.4.0.
mar
Posts: 2572
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:00 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Re: New engine releases & news H1 2024

Post by mar »

Cheng 4.48 is out

link: https://github.com/kmar/cheng4/releases/tag/4.48

I sacrificed some elo for search accuracy, but compensated elsewhere - bigger net, faster

scores ~+44 elo against 4.47 at 1m (10k games)

thanks to Graham for new booklines and Lars for preliminary testing

enjoy