New Forum Online - Post Issues Here

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

smatovic
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here

Post by smatovic »

chrisw wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:48 pm [...]
maybe one can only block people when one is logged in
[...]
Yes.
chrisw wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:48 pm [...]
and I’m occasionally on the forum having been logged out (timed out or something).
[...]
There is a session timeout of 3600 seconds, a period of inactivity after which you get logged out, we can increase this timeout in backend if desired, there might be users which prefer to keep an open TC tab in browser or alike...

Session length:
Sessions will expire after this time, in seconds. 3600

--
Srdja
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

...and, there is the "Remember me" checkbox in login mask, dunno if it helps with your timeout though.

--
Srdja
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

smatovic wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:24 pm ...and, there is the "Remember me" checkbox in login mask, dunno if it helps with your timeout though.

--
Srdja
Doubtful, I usually just pick up a page URL and also flick between various gadgets with different ISP and/or VPN or not. There’s nothing specific that tells me I’m logged in or not without making a suitable query. Maybe multiple possible cookie recognition?
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

chrisw wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 pm [...]
Doubtful, I usually just pick up a page URL and also flick between various gadgets with different ISP and/or VPN or not. There’s nothing specific that tells me I’m logged in or not without making a suitable query. Maybe multiple possible cookie recognition?
Session is stored in cookie after login, and session is bound to IP address, so multiple ISPs/VPNs will mess up things, yes.

--
Srdja