My challenge to the cloning accusers

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

terminator

My challenge to the cloning accusers

Post by terminator »

Quite a few people like making (in my opinion) unfounded cloning accusation attacks often in unrelated topics. If you are the author of program Y, there is no way you would be able to know you are under attack and come and defend your program if the topic is not on your program. The other problem is that some of the cloning accusers provide no evidence but claim 3 people in a pub know this that Y is a clone... ridiculous.

My challenge to these spineless accusers is as follows :-

1. Get a website in your name and publish a white paper of your findings along with proof of X or Y or Z being clones.
2. Call a press conference.
3. We can catch the rest on CNN.

So far no one in the rybka forum has accepted this challenge. Perhaps the accusers here are not so spineless? This would be an opportunity for some of you to become famous.
bob

Re: My challenge to the cloning accusers

Post by bob »

Your last paragraph (one line) makes absolutely no sense to me and I have no idea what it is supposed to imply / say..
terminator

Post by terminator »

bob wrote:Your last paragraph (one line) makes absolutely no sense to me and I have no idea what it is supposed to imply / say..
It simply means :-

- no one in the rybka forum has accepted the challenge.
- the accuser would be guaranteed a place in history ... Oprah, Dr Phil, Larry King

Even if the last paragraph makes no sense to you, don't you think that there are many "educated folk" here who should not have a problem putting together formal evidence?
terminator

Post by terminator »

No one has put pen to paper? I'm surprised .....
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

terminator wrote:No one has put pen to paper? I'm surprised .....
No one is interested in what you have to say. That is why. Rybka has been out for over 3 years. It is the most checked engine in history. It has similarities with Fruit that everyone knows.

The author even said that he looked at Fruit source.

Do you really think anyone will find anything now that has not already been said?

You should go away and do something more constructive unless you are prepared to try to find fault with it yourself.

Christopher
terminator

Post by terminator »

Christopher Conkie wrote:No one is interested in what you have to say. That is why. Rybka has been out for over 3 years. It is the most checked engine in history. It has similarities with Fruit that everyone knows.

Do you really think anyone will find anything now that has not already been said?

You should go away and do something more constructive unless you are prepared to try to find fault with it yourself.

Christopher
Get your facts right. There was a big row here recently and it was not all about Vas/Rybka. It would most certainly help to try and understand what has been going on as you give the impression you do not.

HINT: RE-READ the opening statement particularly this bit The other problem is that some of the cloning accusers provide no evidence but claim 3 people in a pub know this that Y is a clone. Therefore it is not I who has a chip on my shoulder about X or Y being clones ...
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

terminator wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:No one is interested in what you have to say. That is why. Rybka has been out for over 3 years. It is the most checked engine in history. It has similarities with Fruit that everyone knows.

Christopher
Get your facts right. There was a big row here recently and it was not all about Vas/Rybka. It would most certainly help to try and understand what has been going on as you give the impression you do not.

HINT: RE-READ the opening statement particularly this bit The other problem is that some of the cloning accusers provide no evidence but claim 3 people in a pub know this that Y is a clone. Therefore it is not I who has a chip on my shoulder about X or Y being clones ...
That was about Naum you noob! And quit with the screamming!
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

terminator wrote:

Christopher

There was not a big row as you put it. You are the one who has no concept of what is going on.

Moderators here thought that they were doing the right thing by deleting Vincent's post. The thing is although that discussions on whether something is a clone or not are very valid.

Observe this thread.....

http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/viewt ... =2&t=49620

Observe how it is handled and what eventually happens. It was a very worthy discussion.

Vincent tried to discuss something here and was censored which was wrong. He may have had something valid to contribute. Outright accusations without any proof are not helpful. Vincent is however someone who has spent many years in a locked room looking at code. I personally would have liked to read what he found or knew.

The moderators here have intimated that they are revising their view about discussions on whether something is a clone. I might even start a "Is CSTal a clone?" thread myself. It's gonna be fun and informative. You might like it.........who can tell?

;)

It is about time you got your facts right and understood that this is a discussion board and not a place to air your acidic view of the world.

If you are the terminator, I am and will be, your molten furnace.

Someone has to stop you, it may as well be me.......

Chris

;)
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
terminator wrote:

Christopher

There was not a big row as you put it. You are the one who has no concept of what is going on.

Moderators here thought that they were doing the right thing by deleting Vincent's post. The thing is although that discussions on whether something is a clone or not are very valid.

Observe this thread.....

http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/viewt ... =2&t=49620

Observe how it is handled and what eventually happens. It was a very worthy discussion.

Vincent tried to discuss something here and was censored which was wrong. He may have had something valid to contribute. Outright accusations without any proof are not helpful. Vincent is however someone who has spent many years in a locked room looking at code. I personally would have liked to read what he found or knew.

The moderators here have intimated that they are revising their view about discussions on whether something is a clone. I might even start a "Is CSTal a clone?" thread myself. It's gonna be fun and informative. You might like it.........who can tell?

;)

It is about time you got your facts right and understood that this is a discussion board and not a place to air your acidic view of the world.

If you are the terminator, I am and will be, your molten furnace.

Someone has to stop you, it may as well be me.......

Chris

;)
:lol:
terminator

Post by terminator »

Terry McCracken wrote:That was about Naum you noob! And quit with the screamming!
There is a reason i used X and Y .... you actually claimed it was censorship at the time, and had that in your sig along with "THAT cartoon" as your avatar.