Toby-Tal / Alexander's test positions

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

M ANSARI

Re: Toby-Tal / Alexander's test positions

Post by M ANSARI »

What if this is simply a venue for the cloners to get some cash out of all this. I am sure Lenin would be rolling in his grave ... or wait he is not in a grave yet ... somebody should go and check on him wherever he is being preserved. It does make sense to release RL as free and tell everyone if you want the improved version with MV or MP then you have to buy it.

What I find interesting is that this thing has been around for 2 months or more, and it is apparently much more stable and mature than RL. I would bet that someone on this forum, who has posted here is directly involved. Maybe it is time to reveal the mystery and fess up ala Strelka.
DomLeste

Post by DomLeste »

Someone dropped the ball :) What goes around, comes around with interest ;)
M ANSARI wrote:What if this is simply a venue for the cloners to get some cash out of all this. I am sure Lenin would be rolling in his grave ... or wait he is not in a grave yet ... somebody should go and check on him wherever he is being preserved. It does make sense to release RL as free and tell everyone if you want the improved version with MV or MP then you have to buy it.

What I find interesting is that this thing has been around for 2 months or more, and it is apparently much more stable and mature than RL. I would bet that someone on this forum, who has posted here is directly involved. Maybe it is time to reveal the mystery and fess up ala Strelka.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

M ANSARI wrote: What I find interesting is that this thing has been around for 2 months or more, and it is apparently much more stable and mature than RL. I would bet that someone on this forum, who has posted here is directly involved. Maybe it is time to reveal the mystery and fess up ala Strelka.
What do you mean by "it is apparently much more stable and mature than RL" ?
FYI, the Robbos I use are rock-solid, with _zero_ stability issues.
BTW, have you bought the Tobbo-Tal clone ?
Or have you arrived at your conclusion by making one of your usual wild guesses ?

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

No I haven't bought it but apparently it has some items that are missing in RL such as MPV. Stability issue is regarding some time losses with RL in some tests I have done. Now maybe you can get your head out of your ass.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

M ANSARI wrote:No I haven't bought it but apparently it has some items that are missing in RL such as MPV. Stability issue is regarding some time losses with RL in some tests I have done. Now maybe you can get your head out of your ass.
There are Robbos out there with far more features than Tobbo-Tal.
Each Robbo release has alternative releases, each with a different time management. Smart people know what to get.

About your head in an ass, know that I will not do like you.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de