Junior 13 x64 - Vitruvius 1.11C HEM x64 Match Results

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ATOMICC

Junior 13 x64 - Vitruvius 1.11C HEM x64 Match Results

Post by ATOMICC »

Happy chessing!
gleperlier

Re: Junior 13 x64 - Vitruvius 1.11C HEM x64 Match Results

Post by gleperlier »

Hello Brent,

Do you plan to add new engines ? What about Hiarcs 13.2 or Shredder ?

Gab
ATOMICC

Post by ATOMICC »

gleperlier wrote:Hello Brent,

Gab
Hi, Gab. Yes, I plan on adding new engines. I added results from Naum today (Even though it's not new to us, it's "new" to my list and worth including.) I am trying to make this a round-robin and am slowly adding new engines as I can. I am only a single tester, but I am diligent. I plan on adding Hiarcs and Shredder when they release a new version, which, if it's correct, will be some time "soon"(?). Until then, I will have enough to keep me busy with what I have and with what I also plan to include: Ivanhoe, Robbolito, Chiron, Spike, Spark, Hannibal, and others I've forgotten just now.
Happy chessing!
gleperlier

Post by gleperlier »

Sure !

Keep on the good work !

Gab
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

ATOMICC wrote:

Gab
Hi, Gab. Yes, I plan on adding new engines. I added results from Naum today (Even though it's not new to us, it's "new" to my list and worth including.) I am trying to make this a round-robin and am slowly adding new engines as I can. I am only a single tester, but I am diligent. I plan on adding Hiarcs and Shredder when they release a new version, which, if it's correct, will be some time "soon"(?). Until then, I will have enough to keep me busy with what I have and with what I also plan to include: Ivanhoe, Robbolito, Chiron, Spike, Spark, Hannibal, and others I've forgotten just now.
Great :D

I am a solo tester too since 10 years and I have my own private rating list which will be public soon enough I hope 8-)
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
ATOMICC wrote:

Gab

I am a solo tester too since 10 years and I have my own private rating list which will be public soon enough I hope 8-)
Dr.D
Hey there good Doctor D!

An honest question!

I know I love the idea of Junior and its speculation but is that all hype? (especially in later versions?) (I know I DON'T trust Junior for endgame play!)

I have used Junior in the past for alternate opinions when doing post game analysis of my own games but I have often found Smarthink 1.20 to be more like Junior than Junior. Is Junior a good analysis partner or hype or am I just not ready for its intricate plan? ANy opinions?
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

tomgdrums wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
ATOMICC wrote:

Gab

Dr.D
Hey there good Doctor D!

An honest question!

I know I love the idea of Junior and its speculation but is that all hype? (especially in later versions?) (I know I DON'T trust Junior for endgame play!)

I have used Junior in the past for alternate opinions when doing post game analysis of my own games but I have often found Smarthink 1.20 to be more like Junior than Junior. Is Junior a good analysis partner or hype or am I just not ready for its intricate plan? ANy opinions?
Hey there Tom :D

8-) I fully understand your question and the straight forward answer are Deep Junior 7.0.0.1 & Deep Junior 10.0.1.0 8-)

These are the versions with the real Junior speculation mojo which will give you hilarious alternative moves for your analysis....

Unfortunately the latest versions of Junior evaluated toward another path which deprived it from it's fantastic speculative style....

But never the less,you won't lose much if you buy the latest version....it's still Junior after all :D

As for SmarThink I totally agree....an awesome engine with it's own personal style but unfortunately underestimated by a lot of people doing long analysis and/or playing correspondent chess...
:idea: regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
geots

Post by geots »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
tomgdrums wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
ATOMICC wrote:

Gab

Dr.D
Hey there good Doctor D!

An honest question!

8-) I fully understand your question and the straight forward answer are Deep Junior 7.0.0.1 & Deep Junior 10.0.1.0 8-)

These are the versions with the real Junior speculation mojo which will give you hilarious alternative moves for your analysis....

Unfortunately the latest versions of Junior evaluated toward another path which deprived it from it's fantastic speculative style....

But never the less,you won't lose much if you buy the latest version....it's still Junior after all :D

As for SmarThink I totally agree....an awesome engine with it's own personal style but unfortunately underestimated by a lot of people doing long analysis and/or playing correspondent chess...
Dr.D

Dr., someone asked me, and I told him if he bought Deep Junior, the good thing was the only money he could lose was what he paid for it. No more. And that was the good news.

gts
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

geots wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
tomgdrums wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
ATOMICC wrote:

Gab

Dr.D
Hey there good Doctor D!

An honest question!

Dr.D

Dr., someone asked me, and I told him if he bought Deep Junior, the good thing was the only money he could lose was what he paid for it. No more. And that was the good news.

gts
I like your honesty George :D
geots

Post by geots »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
geots wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
tomgdrums wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
ATOMICC wrote:

Gab

Dr.D
Hey there good Doctor D!

An honest question!

Dr.D

gts
I like your honesty George :D

Dr., I forgot to tell you I may have an Ivanhoe monster that is right up there with the one I am using that you sent me. I have run 1 or 2 matches, and I am running another right now ag. Stockfish 2.2.2 SSE42. Will let you know how it does. If you want a copy- all you gotta do is say the word.

gts