Chess Tiger 2007.1 has just been released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kaj Soderberg

Re: Chess Tiger 2007.1 has just been released

Post by Kaj Soderberg »

tiger wrote:http://www.lokasoft.nl/ct2007updates.htm

It's a free update for registered users of Chess Tiger 2007.

The engine has been significantly improved.

// Christophe
Hi Christophe,

After playing with CT 2007.1 for a few days (looks very good!) i have noticed something funny compared to the previous version when using the Shredder interface. When in analysis mode using the function of selecting moves to analyze (ctrl-drag, a bit like the analysis include/exclude in ChessPartner), the moves under 2007.1 are selected and also displayed, but 2007.1 analyzes all moves anyway, which can also be recognized in the display. So when selecting 2 moves to analyze, it initially shows 2/2 to analyze, but practically analyses all the (for instance) 40 moves and also displays 3/2, 4/2 and so on. The previous version does not do this. Any ideas?

And last but not least, all the luck in the upcoming engine matches of the test groups around here.

Best regards,

Kaj
tiger

Post by tiger »

Kaj Soderberg wrote:

// Christophe
Hi Christophe,

After playing with CT 2007.1 for a few days (looks very good!) i have noticed something funny compared to the previous version when using the Shredder interface. When in analysis mode using the function of selecting moves to analyze (ctrl-drag, a bit like the analysis include/exclude in ChessPartner), the moves under 2007.1 are selected and also displayed, but 2007.1 analyzes all moves anyway, which can also be recognized in the display. So when selecting 2 moves to analyze, it initially shows 2/2 to analyze, but practically analyses all the (for instance) 40 moves and also displays 3/2, 4/2 and so on. The previous version does not do this. Any ideas?

And last but not least, all the luck in the upcoming engine matches of the test groups around here.

Best regards,

Kaj

Well... No idea. I have changed absolutely nothing in this area since CT2007.

Is the same problem also reproducible under another GUI?

// Christophe
lex

Post by lex »

tiger wrote:
Kaj Soderberg wrote:

// Christophe
Hi Christophe,

Best regards,

Kaj

// Christophe
The UCI interface module does not support the 'searchmoves' option. Therefore it always searches all moves. This has not changed since the 2007 version.
Maybe the schedder gui has changed ?

Lex
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

Lex, please, send to me the link to download Tiger.
I will download Chess Tiger 2007 or Chess Tiger 2007.1?
Sorry to Lex and to all in CCC, but I am very curious about
the new version.

Christophe, what about an SMP version? It is in your planes?

Paulo Soares
DomLeste

Post by DomLeste »

I guess Christophe can work on squeezing another 50 elo's for the Single CPU version to be on par with the engines behind rybka. Then can release the MP version. Well thats what i would do :P

Dominique
cooldalek

Post by cooldalek »

PauloSoare wrote:Lex, please, send to me the link to download Tiger.
the new version.

Paulo Soares
It isn't freeware. You have to pay for it
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

DomLeste wrote:I guess Christophe can work on squeezing another 50 elo's for the Single CPU version to be on par with the engines behind rybka. Then can release the MP version. Well thats what i would do :P

Dominique
I am not buyng "elo", I am buyng Chess Tiger for anothers reasons.
Tony Thomas know one of this reasons. :D

Paulo Soares
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

cooldalek wrote:
PauloSoare wrote:Lex, please, send to me the link to download Tiger.
the new version.

Paulo Soares
It isn't freeware. You have to pay for it
Yes Laurence, I knew. Maybe the problem is my bad English.
Thanks.
Paulo Soares
Kaj Soderberg

Post by Kaj Soderberg »

// Christophe[/quote]

Nope, since ChessPartner and Shredder are the only interfaces, to my knowledge, that support the selection of which moves to analyze. ChessPartner works fine anyway in this context. For all clarity, i'm talking about the Shredder interface that comes with version 9. Funny behavour it is, but not dramatic.

BTW I know it is one of my favourite things about to nag, but i just want to remind you about the multi-variation request of mine (evaluation score immediately and not when all moves have been analyzed at a given ply). It is maybe not the most important user requirement, but i just drop it now and then so that it can not be forgotten. I asked for this for the first time at Lokasoft in 2002 (or so). I will have this fixed in the end :wink:

Anyway, meanwhile enjoying your excellent product.

Cheers,

Kaj
Karmazen & Oliver

Post by Karmazen & Oliver »

Kirk wrote:

// Christophe
Will a SMP version be next on the list? Please, please :D
I´m spanish, what is "SMP version", ?

I don´t think that Ct2007 have a service-multi-procesor very very important, because this only is a little up elo, but the news CPU have optios to RUNs with only one CPU more fast... and OFF the other cpu, this options is for 3D games...

ANd other question is very important;

Chess TIGER have a style very human... ( and for trainning is soo good) I´n not need that may CPU ( dual intel 820 D ) have on Max load 100 % when I analyse one game or moves... or if I´m play while see tv or other theme...

I need can use my CPU in multi works.. if the engine chess need FULL load... not permit me do other works...

I like chess tiger 2007 simlar this, with more know about strategy or tactics chess. but in single mode... CPU...

I think that chess tiger is fantastic powerfull, runs fast analysis on more of 20 plys ¡¡¡ in some seconds ¡¡¡ used only ONE cpu ¡¡¡

this is very good job for program... ¡¡¡

Chess Tiger not is for fast game 1 minute games or 3 minute games versus other engine..

CT2007 need more second to good play... if analisys only 3 second for move not is posible find good moves... it´s only question of lucky on find tree...

but when we give more of 10 seconds for move to Ct2007, you can see the powerfull of engine...

maybe other pymes IBM, HYDRA using masive CPUs and not good lucky...

chess not is a question of CPU number, is a question good play knowledge. and a question of style... I like that engine moves, like ME ¡¡¡ if that moves not like my I don´t understand the game of the engine and not is useful for me trainning...

(example: rybka have options on 4 CPU and his level not up practically anything... less than three percent , 1%~3% ¡¡¡ )

on the other hand it consumes 4 times more of energy ...
and it occupies the processor completely (100% ) load,
and not permit use a other engine for a simultaneous analysis,
my computer has to make more, other tasks (mail, www, send, print...)
at the same time that alone THAT.

bye. ( long live Chess Tiger )