NICE 1.1

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Dann Corbit
Posts: 12040
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: NICE 1.1

Post by Dann Corbit » Tue May 19, 2020 10:02 am

Just a hang up of mine. If there are no capturing pawns possible, it just adds spurious information that can cause you to analyze the same position over and over
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.

zenpawn
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:31 pm
Location: United States

Re: NICE 1.1

Post by zenpawn » Sun May 24, 2020 1:43 pm

Thank you for this tool. I'm attempting to set a fixed depth, but the OPTIONS do not appear to be passed along to the engine.

For example, with

Code: Select all

set OPTIONS="sd=8"
the log shows:

Code: Select all

[ 2020-05-24 09:23:17,471 -     INFO ] Pos 1
[ 2020-05-24 09:23:17,471 -     INFO ] EPD: r1b2rk1/p1q1p2p/1pp1n2b/2p2p2/2N3p1/1P1P1N2/PBP2PPP/1R2QR1K w - - bm Be5; bm Be5; c0 "Be5=10, Nh4=0, Nfe5=0, Qe5=0";
[ 2020-05-24 09:23:17,471 -     INFO ] id None
[ 2020-05-24 09:23:17,471 -     INFO ] FEN: r1b2rk1/p1q1p2p/1pp1n2b/2p2p2/2N3p1/1P1P1N2/PBP2PPP/1R2QR1K w - - 0 1
[ 2020-05-24 09:23:17,471 -     INFO ] Solutions: Be5=10, Nh4=0, Nfe5=0, Qe5=0
[ 2020-05-24 09:23:17,471 -    DEBUG ] >> new
[ 2020-05-24 09:23:17,471 -    DEBUG ] >> force
[ 2020-05-24 09:23:17,471 -    DEBUG ] >> setboard r1b2rk1/p1q1p2p/1pp1n2b/2p2p2/2N3p1/1P1P1N2/PBP2PPP/1R2QR1K w - - 0 1
[ 2020-05-24 09:23:17,471 -    DEBUG ] >> st 5
[ 2020-05-24 09:23:17,471 -    DEBUG ] >> go
Erin Dame
Author of RookieMonster

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5819
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: NICE 1.1

Post by Rebel » Sun May 24, 2020 2:36 pm

set OPTIONS unfortunately doesn't work for winboard engines.

You could try the wb2uci.exe adapter. Here is how I run ProDeo (winboard).

Code: Select all

set MT=100
set HASH=128
set THREADS=1
set PROTOCOL=uci
set EPD=epd\sfx.epd
set OPTIONS="MultiPV=1,depth=8"
set MRL=ProDeo

set EXE=engines\wb2uci.exe
set NAME=ProDeo

mea.exe --engine %EXE% --name %NAME% --hash %HASH% --threads %THREADS% --protocol %PROTOCOL% --epd %EPD% --movetime %MT% --log --eoption %OPTIONS%
csv %MRL% %EPD% %OPTIONS% %NAME% %MT% %CCRL%
mrl %MRL% %MRL% %EPD% %MT%
And double click that batch file.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

zenpawn
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:31 pm
Location: United States

Re: NICE 1.1

Post by zenpawn » Sun May 24, 2020 3:54 pm

Rebel wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 2:36 pm
set OPTIONS unfortunately doesn't work for winboard engines.

You could try the wb2uci.exe adapter.
Thank you. This worked a charm. :)
Erin Dame
Author of RookieMonster

Post Reply