Romi Warrior Princesssss

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Tony Thomas

Romi Warrior Princesssss

Post by Tony Thomas »

I finally got the latest beta from Michael.. Since I am in no mood to do systematic testing, I will pick few random opponents Romi is expected to face in ACCA Pan Am tournament.. I guess I will run 100 games against 5 or 6 opponents, but it probably wont tell me much because I have nothing to compare it against.

Keeping my pinkies crossed regards
tony

Argh.. the only publically available engines in Romi's league are Arasan, and Crafty..(competing in ACCA).. so I guess I am stuck with my old fashioned testing..
Tony Thomas

Re: Romi Warrior Princesssss

Post by Tony Thomas »

Problem already.. Romi keeps resigning and I dont know a way to turn it off.
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

Tony Thomas wrote:I finally got the latest beta from Michael.. Since I am in no mood to do systematic testing, I will pick few random opponents Romi is expected to face in ACCA Pan Am tournament.. I guess I will run 100 games against 5 or 6 opponents, but it probably wont tell me much because I have nothing to compare it against.

tony

Argh.. the only publically available engines in Romi's league are Arasan, and Crafty..(competing in ACCA).. so I guess I am stuck with my old fashioned testing..
While they may not be that up to date, I think there are versions of Amateur, Slow, and Buzz floating around. Also a free version of Naum. Or are these engines considered not in Romi's league?

-Sam
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

BubbaTough wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:I finally got the latest beta from Michael.. Since I am in no mood to do systematic testing, I will pick few random opponents Romi is expected to face in ACCA Pan Am tournament.. I guess I will run 100 games against 5 or 6 opponents, but it probably wont tell me much because I have nothing to compare it against.

tony

While they may not be that up to date, I think there are versions of Amateur, Slow, and Buzz floating around. Also a free version of Naum. Or are these engines considered not in Romi's league?

-Sam
Amateur, way too outdated.. Slowchess, I dont think romi is quite that strong. Buzz, what the heck are you thinking? I have no intentions of humiliating Pradu. Romi is the only goat powered engine, so it is in a league of its on.

I found a solution to the problem.. dont use the old learn file.

100 game match against crafty running currently, both using 64bit versions, Crafty using own book, default settings 1 cpu. Romi using ipapyrus.abk from Wael..
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Tony Thomas wrote:
BubbaTough wrote:

tony

-Sam
Amateur, way too outdated.. Slowchess, I dont think romi is quite that strong. Buzz, what the heck are you thinking? I have no intentions of humiliating Pradu. Romi is the only goat powered engine, so it is in a league of its on.

100 game match against crafty running currently, both using 64bit versions, Crafty using own book, default settings 1 cpu. Romi using ipapyrus.abk from Wael..
Thanks Tony,waiting eagerly for your results....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
swami

Post by swami »

Tony Thomas wrote:
BubbaTough wrote:

tony

-Sam

I think you can add all the engines, that are participating in ACCA, to your list and see the results variation:

Two advantages:

- Gives you an idea of where Romi (beta) is ranked in the list.

- Gives us a detailed stats of all the participants, and would tell which engines would do better or worser in ACCA, just by looking at the scores Romi played against them in a gauntlet.

Also, you could run the seperate single Round robin to make gauntlet and Round Robin tournament comparison.
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Current standings..I am going to run the same engines in both GUI's.

Arena tournament

Code: Select all

Crafty 22.1 _x64      45.5/65
Romichess WP _x64     19.5/65

ChessGUI tournament

Here romi is not using a book at all and relying only on the learning..

Romichess WP _x64     28.5/44
Arasan 10.4 _x64      15.5/44
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Final Score.. ;(

Crafty 22.1 _x64      72.0/100 
Romichess WP _x64     28/100

Romichess WP _x64     55.5/100
Arasan 10.4 _x64      44.5/100
Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Tony Thomas wrote:Final Score.. ;(

Crafty 22.1 _x64      72.0/100 
Romichess WP _x64     28/100

Romichess WP _x64     55.5/100
Arasan 10.4 _x64      44.5/100
If Arasan used a large book then learning should not have had too much to do with that result.

For comparison, how would P3k 64 do against theese two engines?

Sorry if I dissapointed. :(
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Result against Arasan is decent in my opinion. Arasan does have a decent book, so learning had close to nothing to do with the result. I have never really faced Romi against Crafty before, but the result that I got is better than the result that I have against Crafty on ICC.