RIP Charles Kamaras

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tjfroh
Full name: Timothy Frohlick

Re: RIP Charles Kamaras

Post by tjfroh »

To Charles,

He lived amidst the pines
In a cloistered cul de sac
With collectible computers
In a spacious 6 room shack.

http://www.google.com/lochp?hl=en&tab=w ... T+WA+98042
A New Way Comes Upon Earth.
God is an infinitely variable Constant.
Man marks his ground with ideologies.
Galaxies are the dreidels of God.
War is a punishment for implacability.
Peace flows from forgiveness of sins.
ErikS

Re: RIP Charles Kamaras AND to his collection

Post by ErikS »

I did not know Charles or his wife. I imagine that she has lost one of the most important persons in her life. She has perhaps a hard time in more ways than one. In my opinion we collector's should not be so quickly to condemn the selling of inherited computers. After all what is really a collection of chess computer when we put it into perspective. It is the icing of the cake. It is something that in a small way makes life even better for us that already have a very good life. If my wife puts out my collection on Ebay when I die, I will respect that. What else should she do? Put it away in a basement so that nobody ever could feel joy over these beautiful machines? People die and collections die. That is a known fact of life ;-).

Erik
fern

Post by fern »

Erik, I did not try or desire to blame the wife of Kamaras in any way, just to make some very light fun, as it must be done in any funeral to enlighten the sorrow. Of course she has the right to sell all that. At last it is just inert things, only gifted with life when they were part of Kamaras endeavor.
I suppose my own book collection, so dearly priced by me, will vanish two days after my death.
It is life, yes.

Sad regards
Fernando
fern

Post by fern »

If your principle makes difficult to you to bid for the Kamara stuff, let me do the dirty job for you.
My comission, as always, is a computer.

trade & special comissions & anything for money rgards
Fernando
ErikS

Post by ErikS »

I suppose my own book collection, so dearly priced by me, will vanish two days after my death.
It is life, yes.

I would be much more angry (when dead) if my books would have been sold a couple of days after my death than if my chess computers were sold. I know that that certain people (often wives) see chess computers as rubbish and have no appreciation of their value. I can understand and respect that view, because we must admint that our hobby is happily insane. But books...even wives see their value :wink:

Erik
fern

Post by fern »

I hope it will be so. Not that have pricey books, antiques, just two or three; almost in its entirety, my 3000 volumes library is made of common stuff, paperback or hardcover, common books you purchase in any bookstore, but I love them dearly. I re-read them, stick little yellows pages inside them with my thoughts or resumes, etc.
Never I feel better than when new books rom Amazom arrieves chez moi.
Life is for me basically reading and writing.
Nevertheless I still I have affection for my computers. I do not see them as just inert things. They are part of my life and expect my wife AT LEAST will wait two weeks for the proceedings...

Disenchanted regards
Fernando
Robert Weck

Re: RIP Charles Kamaras

Post by Robert Weck »

I did not know Charles very good, but i could buy two computers from him some years ago and i found, that he was a very honorable man!

my condolences...

Robert
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

fern wrote:I hope it will be so. Not that have pricey books, antiques, just two or three; almost in its entirety, my 3000 volumes library is made of common stuff, paperback or hardcover, common books you purchase in any bookstore, but I love them dearly. I re-read them, stick little yellows pages inside them with my thoughts or resumes, etc.
Never I feel better than when new books rom Amazom arrieves chez moi.
Life is for me basically reading and writing.
Nevertheless I still I have affection for my computers. I do not see them as just inert things. They are part of my life and expect my wife AT LEAST will wait two weeks for the proceedings...

Disenchanted regards
Fernando

you know Fern...

your beautiful Munchen Vancouver comes from Charles fine collection

i am very Happy you have it now that he has passed on to a better place then this

better this fine computer is in your hands then what would have happened to it if he still had it

take good care of it forever regards
Steve
fern

Post by fern »

You can bet t is so. I have already polished his gorgeous wood several times with special products for that purpose and the entire contrivance looks as when coming from the factory.
Now that I know it was some day in Kamaras hands, it get and even higher value.

The Elders Should Organize an Special Session to Honor Kamaras Regards
Fernando
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

:(

as u said unc timy,

RIP

rest in peace.......

................. Mu Shin ..........................