Questions regarding the Election and Nomination Process

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steve B

Re: Questions regarding the Election and Nomination Process

Post by Steve B »

Graham Banks wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Steve B wrote: only just recently i was a party to a recent debate here where some posts were totally deleted in their entirety(no notice given about the deletion at least not to me)
If I have to delete some posts just before walking out the door to go to work, there will be no pm.
I make no apologies for that. That's life.
If a person posts knowing that their post is unacceptable, they shouldn't go squealing about not getting a pm every time a post gets deleted.
We are not fulltime moderators. We have lives.

Regards, Graham.
yes we do have lives

and if you dont have the time to moderate correctly then wait until you do have the time

dont do a half-assed job by deleting first and then notifying hours later if at all
you should be combining deletion and notification as if were the same single act of moderation

do the job right or step aside and let someone else do it for you

Steve
Just being honest Steve and as I said I make no apologies for it.
If the membership disagrees with the job I've been doing, they'll vote me out.
If both of us get voted in, all your snide remarks are going to make it very difficult for us to work together.
Best not to burn bridges.
There is no perfect moderator.

Regards, Graham.
i guess i dont corner the market when it comes to snide remarks now do i?

its true though

i imagine you and are not exactly going to become bowling partners if we both should win ..but in a situation like that i know we will work through it no matter how awkward it will be at first for both of us

strange though..the general consensus seems to be that we both will win
at least that is the impression i am getting from the posts here

i wonder why that is?

honestly
Steve
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Steve B wrote: i imagine you and are not exactly going to become bowling partners if we both should win ..but in a situation like that i know we will work through it no matter how awkward it will be at first for both of us

Steve
Yes - we are both grown men and we will be able to work together (in the event we both get elected).
It's just that I'm a bit disappointed about some of what's been going on, that's all.

Regards, Graham.
Dan Honeycutt

Post by Dan Honeycutt »

Steve B wrote:
Dan Honeycutt wrote: It's obviously not necessary

period

if its not necessary.. then it is unnecessary
so why do it then?

Regards
Steve
Your reply has nothing to do with my point which you edited out.

Best
Dan H.
Dan Honeycutt

Post by Dan Honeycutt »

Graham Banks wrote:.
It's just that I'm a bit disappointed about some of what's been going on, that's all.

Regards, Graham.
I very much like and respect both you and Steve so I'm disappointed too. While I saw the "fanboy" post and aftermath, it's not entirely clear to me how all this started. By no means do I want you or Steve to explain it to me. I only suggest that you think about it and ask yourselves if it was really that big a deal.

Peace pipe regards
Dan H.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:.

Regards, Graham.
I very much like and respect both you and Steve so I'm disappointed too. While I saw the "fanboy" post and aftermath, it's not entirely clear to me how all this started. By no means do I want you or Steve to explain it to me. I only suggest that you think about it and ask yourselves if it was really that big a deal.

Peace pipe regards
Dan H.
No big deal to me - I just moderated the thread as I saw necessary.

Regards, Graham.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Steve B wrote:

period

so why do it then?

Regards
Steve

Best
Dan H.
just getting in some practice for the job

:P
Steve
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Steve B wrote:
Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Steve B wrote:

period

so why do it then?

Regards
Steve

Best
Dan H.

Steve
:lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dan Honeycutt

Post by Dan Honeycutt »

Steve B wrote:
Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Steve B wrote:

period

so why do it then?

Regards
Steve

Best
Dan H.

Steve
For the peace pipe post Graham gets a D minus. "I just moderated the thread as I saw necessary." Right on, Graham. Let's see if we can't start a brand new flame war. It would have been an outright F had you not acknowledged the no big deal aspect. Steve, you get an A for thinking about it and saying nothing as I requested. However, if you laud your A over Graham's D minus, that will change.

Now, regarding the above miserable effort, I'm not sure what the grade should be. I feed you a setup on par with anything Martin ever fed Lewis and you come back with "just getting in some practice for the job." The right answer is "By editing out your point, I make my point." I'll give you a C, which I think is extremely generous.

The above is just a taste. You and Graham straighten out your differences. If not, I'm going to make you both suffer.

Best
Dan H.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Steve B wrote:

period

so why do it then?

Regards
Steve

Best
Dan H.

Steve
For the peace pipe post Graham gets a D minus. "I just moderated the thread as I saw necessary." Right on, Graham. Let's see if we can't start a brand new flame war. It would have been an outright F had you not acknowledged the no big deal aspect. Steve, you get an A for thinking about it and saying nothing as I requested. However, if you laud your A over Graham's D minus, that will change.

Now, regarding the above miserable effort, I'm not sure what the grade should be. I feed you a setup on par with anything Martin ever fed Lewis and you come back with "just getting in some practice for the job." The right answer is "By editing out your point, I make my point." I'll give you a C, which I think is extremely generous.

The above is just a taste. You and Graham straighten out your differences. If not, I'm going to make you both suffer.

Best
Dan H.
your not being very fair here Dan by giving only letter grades as Banks is a school teacher(administrator) and i am an accountant

to be fair and equitable ...please edit your post to shows numerical grades as well as letter grades

Equal Time Regards
Steve
Dan Honeycutt

Post by Dan Honeycutt »

Steve B wrote:your not being very fair here Dan by giving only letter grades as Banks is a school teacher(administrator) and i am an accountant

to be fair and equitable ...please edit your post to shows numerical grades as well as letter grades

Equal Time Regards
Steve
Steve, we are on the brink of moderator elections. You and Graham both should be thinking about how to deal with nebulous, bullshit bitching - not how to generate it.

Best
Dan H.