Prédateur 0.1.3b2

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

swami

Re: Prédateur 0.1.3b2

Post by swami »

Hi Pedro,

I know that, I meant to ask if there is a way to make a picture(gif, jpeg) out of output Arena html page(tournament results)
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Is EIRE available for download anywhere? Is it possible for me to get a copy?
pedrox

Post by pedrox »

swami wrote:Hi Pedro,

I know that, I meant to ask if there is a way to make a picture(gif, jpeg) out of output Arena html page(tournament results)
Yes

In Arena you have a tab called HTML. When you open it appear different buttons on it, one is to preview, so you can see the tournament in the internet browser.

Now you have 2 options:

1. Using a program capable of capturing the screen, there are many, one of the best known is "snagit", although after 30 days is commercial, there are many more and many free. These programs have an option to capture the rectangular area that you want.

2. You can do it in a more manual. Once you're in the preview, click on your keyboard key "ImprPant / PetSis" and then open the Windows Paint program, now Edit and Paste. You'll now the whole image on the screen. With the selection button active draw a box around the table and you make Edit and Copy, you open a new draw (File/New) and make Edit and Paste, now only do you need go to file and save as.

Pedro
pedrox

Post by pedrox »

Tony Thomas wrote:Is EIRE available for download anywhere? Is it possible for me to get a copy?
yes

http://danasah.googlepages.com/download ... esantiguas
swami

Post by swami »

pedrox wrote:
swami wrote:Hi Pedro,

Yes

In Arena you have a tab called HTML. When you open it appear different buttons on it, one is to preview, so you can see the tournament in the internet browser.

Now you have 2 options:

1. Using a program capable of capturing the screen, there are many, one of the best known is "snagit", although after 30 days is commercial, there are many more and many free. These programs have an option to capture the rectangular area that you want.

2. You can do it in a more manual. Once you're in the preview, click on your keyboard key "ImprPant / PetSis" and then open the Windows Paint program, now Edit and Paste. You'll now the whole image on the screen. With the selection button active draw a box around the table and you make Edit and Copy, you open a new draw (File/New) and make Edit and Paste, now only do you need go to file and save as.

Pedro
Excellent! Thanks for this suggestion, Pedro :)

I was looking for an alternative, but there was none.

From Edition 9 onwards, I will do this, makes it more readable and stylish :wink:
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Thx, all. :) Yes, I'm quite happy with these results yet, despite I still have many ideas of things to improve.
beachknight wrote:Where are you, Tony?

We need some pressure from you
to be able to get this newest version.
:lol: Don't worry, as soon as Pred wins this tournament I'll release it. Four days ago, the b8 version was 8th with 14 points, and now the b9 is 5th with 16,5 points.

The progress is quite fast. Dimitri is the next target (the b8 version scored 1/2 against it, so it's not so far ahead).
Swaminathan wrote:Great. Good performance for a start.

Can you tell me how did you post this picture?

from arena html files?
Hi, Swaminathan. As Pedro explained, I just use the "print screen" key of the keyboard. It copies the screen in the clipboard. Then i paste it in Paint and I just have to select in it Arena's tournament output and save it as a jpeg.

Actually, I use alt-"print screen", as it only copies the active application's window in the clipboard.
Pedro Castro wrote:That is the name that initially put my program, in the village where I live there is a tavern is called Eire and in the tavern is played in a tournament chess. I thought about trying to build the engine and playing the tournament.

Shortly after I had a girlfriend romanian named Daniela and I decided to change the name by DanaSah, Dana of Daniela and Sah chess in romanian.

Eire 2004 = 1500 ELO
Thanks for these historics, Pedro. :) I supposed that Eire was spanish as by googling on "eire pedro castro" I just found a spanish pub as a result.

And naming your engine after your gf is way more romantic than after your pub! :lol:

I hope that Pred will soon be strong enough so I can swap Eire with Danasha in my tests.

About the tests, I select engines slightly to quite stronger than the first beta of my new engine, and make them compete in 3"2 games during the night. So when I wake up, I know if I made progress.
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]