This work is in progress

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

slobo

This work is in progress

Post by slobo »

The new version of RobboLito is clearly better than Rybka 3 in any time controls.

Excellent result for a clone.

We need more clones like RobboLito. :D :D :D
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."
slobo

Re: This work is in progress

Post by slobo »

All the peole have the right to be informed.
It a part of basic human rights.
slobo

Post by slobo »

slobo wrote:The new version of RobboLito is clearly better than Rybka 3 in any time controls.

Excellent result for a clone.

We need more clones like RobboLito. :D :D :D
RobboLito does not get absorted in its thinking in longer time controls.
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Actually even with real clean code, it is not as strong as Rybka 3 if you change a few parameters that are default on R3. I have been trying for a few days to compile 100 games against R3 at 10 0 time controls. I gave up on the task as the engine crashes every 2 or 3 games at 10 0. In the 14 games I managed to collect R3 was clearly ahead by 3 wins, but I finally gave up because of too many crashes. It will probably score pretty well against R3 but not come out ahead if left to continue ... and that is normal since it is basically a messy buggy R3.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

slobo wrote:All the peole have the right to be informed.
All criminals should be dealt with under the law. People deserve protection from them as a part of basic human rights.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
bob

Post by bob »

M ANSARI wrote:Actually even with real clean code, it is not as strong as Rybka 3 if you change a few parameters that are default on R3. I have been trying for a few days to compile 100 games against R3 at 10 0 time controls. I gave up on the task as the engine crashes every 2 or 3 games at 10 0. In the 14 games I managed to collect R3 was clearly ahead by 3 wins, but I finally gave up because of too many crashes. It will probably score pretty well against R3 but not come out ahead if left to continue ... and that is normal since it is basically a messy buggy R3.
That is the kind of stuff I saw from the original IPPOLIT when I tried it. _VERY_ strong. But if you win 3 games by outplaying your opponent, and lose 2 due to crashes, things are not quite as rosy then.
Michel

Post by Michel »

Actually even with real clean code, it is not as strong as Rybka 3 if you change a few parameters that are default on R3. I have been trying for a few days to compile 100 games against R3 at 10 0 time controls. I gave up on the task as the engine crashes every 2 or 3 games at 10 0. In the 14 games I managed to collect R3 was clearly ahead by 3 wins, but I finally gave up because of too many crashes. It will probably score pretty well against R3 but not come out ahead if left to continue ... and that is normal since it is basically a messy buggy R3.
Very strange. I have been running RobboLito for 8 days now (1627 2 12 games) without restarting it and have not observed a single crash. It appears very stable. This is on a Core Duo (1 CPU).
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Actually I did not try Robolito, but I assume it is based on Ippolit. I wanted to test for myself to see if this was a Rybka clone. Most likely it is a more stable Ippolit and will thus play pretty much the same but not crash as much. I already have a registered legal Rybka 3 that has additional evaluation tables and MP support among other things, so this engine is not interesting to me even if it is stable and it was legal. I do feel bad for Vas because that takes some of his competitive advantage away by theft, but he seems pretty upbeat about R4 and what it has to offer. So I really look forward to R4 and what it will bring.
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

You are correct, and in the spirit of Halloween..

I dressed like you, spoke like you, even managed to re-create the hump on your back.

Then I went and had sex with your wife, and amazingly enough, she agreed that the clone results were far better than the original.

People do have the right to be informed.. basic human rights and all...

Peter
**Yes I know someone will complain about this, so feel free to remove it. No need to notify me. :) ***
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
slobo

Post by slobo »

Peter Skinner wrote:
You are correct, and in the spirit of Halloween..

I dressed like you, spoke like you, even managed to re-create the hump on your back.

Then I went and had sex with your wife, and amazingly enough, she agreed that the clone results were far better than the original.

People do have the right to be informed.. basic human rights and all...

Peter
**Yes I know someone will complain about this, so feel free to remove it. No need to notify me. :) ***
Some animals are more iqual than others. That´s why to ones it is allowed to offend others without any consequences.

But I like to see Rybka being striped off and don´t care what animals more iqual than others are talking around.

Rybka is a good srtipper.