Chess Partner GUI

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Chess Partner GUI

Post by Graham Banks »

SSTATHIS wrote:Arena is by far the best GUI for engine tournaments
Have you tried ChessGUI?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
SSTATHIS

Post by SSTATHIS »

Graham Banks wrote:
SSTATHIS wrote:Arena is by far the best GUI for engine tournaments
Have you tried ChessGUI?
Yes, but i like arena more..
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

fern wrote:After many trials and experiences, i have arrived to the conclusion that the very best gui's are CB and Chess partner, in that order. The last in my list is Arena. I have had always problems with it: for some reason if you change something in the course of a game, you get stuck. Some times you cannot take back and then resume the game. It get frozen and you must put it to sleep.
I appreciate the effort the people of Arena has invested on this, for no money, but ...
Probably it is my fault. I am not a geek, usually i do not handle Ok these contrivances.
Only problem with chess partner gui is that the native engine is sooo weak, but in fact you can use so many others., so really does not qualify as a problem.

I wanted to make this statement because chess partner company does not receive too many accolades and nevertheless they are there, surviving, delivering, in the middle of an age where every week a chess company fall in flames.

Fern
Hey Fern!

This is off topic but does the following link look legitimate?

http://www.thetradingcentre.co.uk/produ ... number=248

It seems they are selling the original ChessTal for download. If it seems legit I will get it in a hearbeat, having heard how much fun ChessTal is to play against.

Thanks!
stevenaaus

Post by stevenaaus »

Seems legit to me. They link to the AI Factory webpage, which redirects back to the thetradingcentre page if you try to buy it.

Looks interesting.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

stevenaaus wrote:
Seems legit to me. They link to the AI Factory webpage, which redirects back to the thetradingcentre page if you try to buy it.

Looks interesting.
I emailed the guy who owns the site (as I already own his android chess program), and he said it was the Chess Tal II program.

So I purchased it and have already played two games (and LOST both :D )

It seems stable, and easy to work with! I don't know how good the GUI is for anything else but playing against the CS Tal engine. BUT it is really easy to take any game I play on it and export it as a pgn so I can look at in the Shredder GUI and analyze my mistakes. SO I am happy!! I am excited to have this engine to play against. I thought I was winning the second game and then lo and behold I had nothing!