I Thought There Was Already Too Much Confusion

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Re: I Thought There Was Already Too Much Confusion

Post by geots »

Zach Wegner wrote:What a stupid thread.

Just for the record, I did not buy the rights to Zappa.

I was thinking that maybe you DID BUY the rights to the program. I DID SAY i was not assuming anything, and wanted to find out, and I said that as well.

I also did not say even if you had, that anything wasn't kosher. And nowhere did I say I thought you had an agenda or some shit ag. Vas.

Basically, I knew that you had most likely stopped development of ZCT, and I just merely wondered why you wanted to go this route instead of starting from scratch with a new program.

Nothing wrong, except I did not want to see a precedent started whereby a lot of programmers would be trying to buy programs at some stage of development, rather than starting their own. But your decisions are not my business, but I can ask. And you certainly have the right to tell me to take a long walk off a short pier.

I had no idea, and when I saw it had already earlier been discussed at length, sure I wished I had not made the post. I won't tell a lie there.

You are a smart guy, and I was just wondering if you thought your expertise carried over into going from scratch with a program to somewhere near the top of the list. Simply because you have so far not made that leap doesn't mean you can't.

I was just thinking that in the end you would probably take more pride in the baby being yours from the beginning to the finish. But that may not be an issue with you.

I had heard bits and pieces, but not much of anything concrete. I was curious. If you think it "a stupid thread", what can I say. I certainly won't mention anything else concerning your activities.

gts
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

geots wrote:
I had no idea, and when I saw it had already earlier been discussed at length, sure I wished I had not made the post. I won't tell a lie there.
Fair Enough
very few would admit they wished they hadn't made this particular post or that particular post
Well Done Regards
Steve
mhull
Full name: Matthew Hull

Post by mhull »

geots wrote: why ... go this route instead of starting from scratch... rather than starting their own.

I wished I had not made the post. I won't tell a lie there.
You are prevaricating. You started with insulting insinuations and you continue below.
geots wrote:... just wondering if you thought your expertise carried over into going from scratch with a program to somewhere near the top of the list ... you have so far not made that leap... you would probably take more pride in the baby being yours from the beginning to the finish. But that may not be an issue with you.
Nice slap with the back of the hand.
geots wrote:I had heard bits and pieces, but not much of anything concrete. I was curious. If you think it "a stupid thread", what can I say. I certainly won't mention anything else concerning your activities.
So you hear bits and pieces of gossip and decide to post a wordy, rambling hit piece, the goal presumably being to get a real programmer to pay some attention to you. Slimy.
Matthew Hull
geots

Post by geots »

Steve B wrote:
geots wrote:
Fair Enough
very few would admit they wished they hadn't made this particular post or that particular post
Well Done Regards
Steve

Thanks for the nice comment, Steve. But isn't the internet a beautiful thing. The protection it affords- anyone can say anything. Of course if I payed any attention to people like M Hull, I really would be an idiot. But he is smart at least. If he was standing face to face with me and made those comments, he would be in a position where I could snap his neck before he blinked his eyes 3 times. The question would not be could I, but would I. In the end- he's not worth the trouble. I won't have to deal with it any longer- I will treat him as I do two "other" people.- I haven't read a response from them in a couple of weeks, and never will again.

Anyway, thanks for being my friend. It is people like you and Fern that make this place bearable.

gts