Houdini 2 Aquarium released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Alexander Schmidt

Re: Houdini 2 Aquarium released

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

S.Taylor wrote:No, maybe they're all just a bunch of crooks! Question is, where did the first crook take his ideas from! :o
You guys are hopeless :lol:
mhull
Full name: Matthew Hull

Post by mhull »

Houdini wrote:This thread started out as an informative thread about Aquarium and Houdini. It got disrupted by the usual suspects whose only purpose is to insult and derail the thread from its intended purpose. Moderators see it happen, and do nothing to prevent it from happening.

Talkchess in a nutshell, I'm afraid...
Pfffft! Tell it to the Marines. You call them the "usual suspects", so you knew this would happen. So starting the thread amounts to trolling on your part. And knowing what's at issue with your antagonists, you still insist on going to their sinful haunts and getting in their faces, taunting them with what they consider to be stolen goods. Then you play the victim and imprecate against Talkchess as a sink of iniquity (to which you continually return to play your game). Well I'm not buying it, Uriah Heep.

Real pros let pros handle product marketing. Did you ever see SMK, or Amir Ban come in here, starting threads about their latest commercial products? No. Why? Because they're pros with class, common sense and good manners. You, are not a pro. You're like someone who walks into the Auto Club trying to hawk a stolen Ferrari chassis with a Sterling body bolted on to it, calling it your original creation.
Matthew Hull
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Albert Silver wrote:
It`s true that CCRL and CEGT have a leader, but I think you copied the wrong lines.
Really ? i copied the wrong lines ?!

Come on,i think you missed the point here...

It's quite clear that Peter's message was about the ELO difference are very small (between Houdini and Komodo)

About the ELO points of Houdini 1.5a and Houdini 2.0 in CEGT/CCRL:
-Really i have no idea:why the ELO performance of Houdini 2.0 is less than Houdini 1.5a
*Probably Houdini 2.0 is more optimized for faster time controls/with ponder on

But anyway just i'd like to point out that:
-In my SCCT Auto232 Rating list,Houdini 2.0 is approx.20 ELO stronger than Houdini 1.5a

*Note also that testing the engines in Auto232 mode is ideal

Best Wishes,
Sedat
Michel

Post by Michel »

+/- 70 rating points on ICC isn't a lot of difference.
I would gladly accept patches to GNU Chess which raise its rating on ICC by 70 points.....
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

mhull wrote:
Houdini wrote:This thread started out as an informative thread about Aquarium and Houdini. It got disrupted by the usual suspects whose only purpose is to insult and derail the thread from its intended purpose. Moderators see it happen, and do nothing to prevent it from happening.

Pfffft! Tell it to the Marines. You call them the "usual suspects", so you knew this would happen. So starting the thread amounts to trolling on your part. And knowing what's at issue with your antagonists, you still insist on going to their sinful haunts and getting in their faces, taunting them with what they consider to be stolen goods. Then you play the victim and imprecate against Talkchess as a sink of iniquity (to which you continually return to play your game). Well I'm not buying it, Uriah Heep.

Real pros let pros handle product marketing. Did you ever see SMK, or Amir Ban come in here, starting threads about their latest commercial products? No. Why? Because they're pros with class, common sense and good manners. You, are not a pro. You're like someone who walks into the Auto Club trying to hawk a stolen Ferrari chassis with a Sterling body bolted on to it, calling it your original creation.
Real pros are pros because they are not posting here, that's what you mean? I guess Houdini, Komodo, Stockfish, Critter authors have no class and manners whatsoever, their crappy engines are only 200 Elo points stronger than those of classy, mannered pros who put their servants to market their product lol.

Kai
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Houdini wrote:
Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Robert,

Houdini 1.0 and one of the older IvanHoes is the same. Do you remember on the comments by the programmer from Thinker.

A very clear message for myself.
If I compare analyzes by Ivanhoe and the very first Houdini all is absolutely clear for myself too.

Point 1 is right:
But I don't have the actual Komodo and don't have the latest version of Thinker.

Frank
You really are very badly informed. See for example your other thread about the GPL stuff, it's really amazing.

As for your last remark, the funny thing is that you don't have the latest versions of Houdini either. Yet you feel fully qualified to make a claim about the relative strengths of these 3 engines...
Are you running a rating list or a Komodo/Thinker fan club?

Robert
Frank and his ilk are not interested in testing chess engines any more. What they want is the power to decide who is worthy to be tested, because they run some half ass rating list.

Let me clue them in, a trained monkey could probably do what they do now, but without hearing their self righteous, and bias political chess commentary.

His ilk does not want to be chess program testers, but advocates for their political points of view.
bob

Post by bob »

Houdini wrote:ChessOK has now released the Houdini 2 Aquarium product family, see http://chessok.com/?p=25808 .
It was a logical step to combine the best GUI (Aquarium) with the strongest engine (Houdini), Houdini Aquarium is the result.

The package includes Houdini 2.0b, this is an update to Houdini 2 containing some minor bug fixes and Nalimov EGTB support. This update will also be made available to all current Houdini 2 users, e-mails will be sent in the following week.

Houdini Aquarium is available at a (in my opinion) very attractive price, I know of no no other hobby in which you can obtain the world's best for so little money.

Cheers,
Robert
This needs to stop HERE. CCC rules prevent this kind of post. Further follow-ups will cause the entire thread to go bye-bye... If you want to advertise your program, create your own web page. This is a non-commercial place.
mhull
Full name: Matthew Hull

Post by mhull »

Laskos wrote:
mhull wrote:

Real pros are pros because they are not posting here, that's what you mean? I guess Houdini, Komodo, Stockfish, Critter authors have no class and manners whatsoever, their crappy engines are only 200 Elo points stronger than those of classy, mannered pros who put their servants to market their product lol.

Kai
Context. Antagonists, unanswered issues, knowing a fight will ensue. Decrying a place, yet going there anyway.
Matthew Hull