Bouquet 1.2 Relased

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Don

Re: Bouquet 1.2 Relased

Post by Don »

velmarin wrote:Yes, Graham.

The base is derived from public domain sources.
Ippolit particular project.
Many things changed.
  Evaluation, completely rewritten, divided into 6x2 (12) phases.

The engine will continue to evolve, hopefully for the better.

Thank you very much for your interest.
Much obliged.
Jose,

Thanks for new engine. Do you have a sense of how strong it is? I suppose it will get tested a lot now but I'm always interested in finding something worthy as a Komodo sparring partner. I will check it out.

It's refreshing to see that you are giving full disclosure about it's origins and that you are putting a lot of work into it, especially the evaluation which is the most difficult part and the part most people are least interested in working on.

Don
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Don wrote: Jose,

Thanks for new engine. Do you have a sense of how strong it is? I suppose it will get tested a lot now but I'm always interested in finding something worthy as a Komodo sparring partner. I will check it out.

It's refreshing to see that you are giving full disclosure about it's origins and that you are putting a lot of work into it, especially the evaluation which is the most difficult part and the part most people are least interested in working on.

Don
Thanks Don for your kind words,
My program is still far from Komodo, is no match,

The evaluation is written in 6 phases doubles, are a lot of data, and test.

And although it is not important, I'm obsessed with speed, I think if an instruction creates a loss, it is not good instruction.

Thanks Tttony,
No problem with Jesus, on the contrary, and as freeware,
that's for sure, I'll die poor, I'm not materialistic.

Gracias a todos.
Kingghidorah

Re: Bouquet 1.2 relased.

Post by Kingghidorah »

First thing I noticed is that it is very fast :shock:
En passant,

Lonnie

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Harvey Fierstein
Don

Post by Don »

velmarin wrote:
Don wrote: Jose,

Don
Thanks Don for your kind words,
My program is still far from Komodo, is no match,

The evaluation is written in 6 phases doubles, are a lot of data, and test.

And although it is not important, I'm obsessed with speed, I think if an instruction creates a loss, it is not good instruction.
For computer chess you SHOULD be obsessed with speed. Having said that Komodo is one of the slower programs in it's class but that is because we always try to make the best compromise. If you add ANY evaluation it will be a little slower (you cannot add instructions for free) but we don't add if it is not worth it.

Thanks Tttony,
No problem with Jesus, on the contrary, and as freeware,
that's for sure, I'll die poor, I'm not materialistic.

Gracias a todos.
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Dokterchen

Post by Dokterchen »

Hi Jose,

Bouquet 1.2 does not start on my machines with Windows XP x64. Error message: "The procedure entry point GetTickCount64 could not be located in dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll". I have tested it on two machines.

BR
Torsten
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Hello Torsten,
I guess you have tried to not POPCNT executable. Bouquet.1.2x64.exe

You have installed these dlls, just in case.
https://sites.google.com/site/chessbouq ... -microsoft
Download Bouquet Chess Engine‎ > ‎
Microsoft libraries you may need
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
Librerias x32 libmmd.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll
Librerias x64 libmmd.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll

I used this instruction "GetTickCount64" in 64-bit executable,

rather GetTickCount, it should not give this problem if it persists, I can change it, And make an executable.

Thanks.